• 18.04.2024, 12:18
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aquasteam Restarting PC

Samstag, 5. Januar 2019, 16:16

Hello All,

Sorry if this is covered someplace. I searched and did not locate anything. I would like to ask, is there a setting that might cause the Aquastream to turn my PC back on after I power it off?

I ask because now that I have added the aquastream and aquasuite to the system it reboots when I power it off. I have disabled Fast Startup in windows. I also have the optional power wire for the alarm going to the power pins on the motherboard.
Connected to the Aquastream I have the fans, Aquacomputer Flow Meter (which makes a ticking noise?), aqualis reservoir,RPM going to PWR for alarm,SATA, USB going to Hubby and an Aquabus that's not connected to anything besides the splitter. The Splitty it's connected to has the connections from aqualis and aquastream but isn't connected to anything else or the PC.

I have tried playing around with setting in aquasuite but can't identify what is causing the PC to power back up.
Maybe a minimum temperature setting or something? I am currently waiting to receive my software license and am using the Target Temp setting for the fans. The "Temperature" shown there in the Set Point Controller settings that you can adjust up and down, what should that be set to? Is it a target temperature for the sensor being used as the controller source?
My Set Point Controller does not seem to perform in that manner. It will the fan speed up if I raise that temperature setting up or down. Doesn't appear to be acting like it's attempting to achieve that temperature.

For example, if I am using the internal water temp (I have tried all the temp sensors) as the controller source and it says the temp is 74.0F. Unless I adjust the Temperature to 70.6F in the Set Point Controller settings, the fans speed up. If I lower the temp to 69F they speed up, If I raise the temp in that setting....the fans speed up.

Thanks in advance

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Allwheeldriven« (5. Januar 2019, 16:18)

Samstag, 5. Januar 2019, 19:51

Aquacomputer Flow Meter (which makes a ticking noise?)
For that try turning it. For some users it is ticking when the cable port is facing sideways. Try facing the cableport upwards and see if the ticking is gone.

Sonntag, 6. Januar 2019, 03:54

Aquacomputer Flow Meter (which makes a ticking noise?)
For that try turning it. For some users it is ticking when the cable port is facing sideways. Try facing the cableport upwards and see if the ticking is gone.
Thanks for the suggestion. I faced mine upwards when I installed it. Maybe mine is an oddball and needs to be on it's side. Can't hurt to try it I guess so I'll give it a shot and see if it goes away. That ticking sound sounds like a metronome for a speed metal band.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Allwheeldriven« (6. Januar 2019, 03:56)

Sonntag, 6. Januar 2019, 16:27

I would just like to add an update. Disabling the Aqua Computer Service in msconfig appears to have resolved the issue.... Anyone know why the service would be apparently crashing on shutdown or forcing a restart after shutdown?

Thanks,

Sonntag, 20. Januar 2019, 21:15

The issue appears to have been resolved by buying and activating the aquasuite software license. I didn't have issues while the 30 hours, soon as it expired. Bam issues. Got the license and put the fans back in to Curve Controller and the issue went away.
It may be an issue with setting the fans to target temp when curve controller is disabled.

If that is not a glitch and is instead a feature, it seems like the aquastream should come with a warning saying that the entire system will only be useful for 30 hours unless you buy the license. I get paying to unlock features( I had planned on doing that anyway) but not being able to power off your PC without it turning itself back on without disabling the software entirely? That seems drastic.