• 19.04.2024, 01:45
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Questions on D5 Next

Donnerstag, 10. Januar 2019, 11:02

Hello everyone,

I am currently planning a new build in a Lian Li pc o11 wgx case and will likely use aqua computer products to manage my fans as well as some Rgb strips.

I have the following questions:

1) There is a small mounting bracket in the case for mounting a pump. What are the dimensions and spacement of the hole screws under the D5 Next? Are those threaded? Is there any e.g. fan mount bracket allowing to mount the pump in vertical position on an horizontal support (e.g. bottom rad)?

2) I will have between 6 and 9 non RGB fans (pwm) in my case for which the speed would ideally be set based on coolant temp. I will also have 2 rgb strips. I wanted to go with Aquearo 6 initially but I have the impression now that the d5 next could allow me to achieve this in an easier and cheaper way. Is there any benefit in going with the Aquearo rather than d5 next for those needs?

3) in case I connect a splitty 9 to the d5 next, can my 9 fans all be regulated based on pwm signal sent by the pump ?

4) would the flow sensor of the pump work if distilled water is in the loop?

Thank you for your help. :)

boli

Donnerstag, 10. Januar 2019, 13:28

1) No clue

2) Dunno about the D5 next, but Aquaero has the most complete controlling functions, while the Quadro has less functionality, but is also a lot cheaper, smaller, and supports RGBpx (unlike Aquaero apparently). I guess the D5 next is similarly limited, but don't take my word for it. :) Have you consulted the respective product pages and manuals? They're pretty thorough.

I recently had a similar situation, but because I already had a (PWM) pump, I had to decide between Quadro and Aquaero. Quadro doesn't have fallback temperatures for software sensors (such as CPU or GPU temp from running OS) and thus runs the fans full blast during Windows boot, when the OS and thus software sensors are not yet available. This is not an issue if fan speed is controlled with a real sensor, such as a coolant temp sensor connected to Quadro though. See here for details
Aquaero does have ability to set a fallback temperature, thus no issue there. It also supports virtual sensors, which can calculate average or differences for example. I control my fans using the delta of water - air temperature for example. The Quadro does not support this. But the water temp alone is quite a nice input to control fans as well, and the Quadro can do that.

With the D5 next, watch out that some ports on it are either/or – for example either input for flow sensor or output for fan control, not both at the same time.

3) I suppose so, all fans connected to a splitter will behave the same, and will look like a single fan to the controlling device (be it pump or Aquaero). In fact, the RPM signal of just one single fan is fed back to the controlling device.

4) Apparently the virtual flow sensor only works correctly with AC's coolant.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »boli« (10. Januar 2019, 13:36)

Donnerstag, 10. Januar 2019, 17:30

Hello Boli,

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.
2) My understanding is also that I would need to add a Quadro + RGBpx splitter to the Aquaero if I want to use strips. This annoys me a bit as I would prefer to keep things as simple as possible. I have not read the manuals yet but it is a good suggestion.
I could also go with aquaero and fan splitter and use my motherboard for the strips...

3)/4) OK thanksUpdate:
I looked a bit more in detail and I think that Quadro may indeed be perfect for my use.
I intend to connect a hardware temp sensor for monitoring coolant temp and maybe flow sensor. I will also connect a splitter 9.

If I understand correctly, with this setup and Aquasuite I should be able to regulate fan speed (+ pwm pump) with Aquasuite based on hardware sensor temps?
I read the link you mentioned in your post and understand that in case the temp reading comes from windows, then it could be an issue as fan would ramp up to 100% until Aquasuite is loaded, correct?

In my case it would not be the case if a hardware sensor is plugged directly on the Quadro? Not sure to understand how this can work without Aquasuite loaded? Is the regulation made at the level of the Quadro's hardware before windows and aquasuite are loaded?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Arnolf« (11. Januar 2019, 01:48)