• 16.04.2024, 10:06
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Temperature sensor 70 cm for aquaero, safe for an aluminum loop?

Mittwoch, 16. Januar 2019, 00:09

My apologies if this has been asked before but i was unable to find any information myself.

i have an all aluminium loop and am obviously concerned about introducing different metals into it.
i bought an aquero 6 for the expansive fan controll and am perfectly happy,
but would like if possible to use the temperature probes for a fluid temp driven curve.

is this safe to do?

cheers for yer time lads.

Donnerstag, 17. Januar 2019, 13:50

I don't believe anyone here will say what is, or is not safe for your loop, but I do believe all aquacomputer temperature sensors exposed to coolant are nickel plated brass. You should be able to do your research with that knowledge.

What is this all aluminum loop?

Donnerstag, 17. Januar 2019, 20:58

nickel plated brass.

That's perfect thanks.

Ek released an aluminium line, beginning with a kit which included 240 rad,pump res combo, fans, cpu and 10 series full cover water block.
The kit's adequate for a start but they expand the line and you can take it pretty far now with 360 rads (30mil thick now) hard-line fittings and some other stuff, though things like valves and other various bits aren't available in aluminium.
Here's what mine has grown in to https://imgur.com/a/5YpPHgl

I'm generally happy with the result performs perfectly well assuming you're not mixing metals, generally it's only a tad behind a copper loop.

I'm currently saving for an all copper loop as I'm starting to outgrow it given the lines somewhat restricted.

Thanks again for the information on the probes, I was leary about using them given my current hardware.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Ralph King-Griffin« (17. Januar 2019, 21:00)

Montag, 21. Januar 2019, 18:56

To get the coolant temp you don't need absolutely need to use one of the fitting type sensors. They are just convenient more than anything to my mind.

I have gotten better results by attaching the standard flat film sensors to metal parts of the loop like the end tank of a radiator.

The fitting type sensors just use the exact same film sensors mounted around or glued into a fairly standard fitting. So they are really sensing the fitting temp. Fittings have a relatively small surface area exposed to coolant vs their mass so they can trail the real coolant temp as it changes. They are pretty accurate of course with stable coolant temp. The end tank of a rad is thin with a large surface area vs mass exposed to coolant so it sticks better to real coolant temp. Even taping the sensor to an ordinary fitting works fine.

Copper is the way to go for loops though. It just seems to me that the cost isn't that much lower considering the performance gap. Still perfectly functional though of course if anyone prefers that route.

Montag, 28. Januar 2019, 00:14

Or you could always submerge a thermal probe into the reservoir.

Mittwoch, 6. Februar 2019, 23:52

oh my ,
that end tank idea is insultingly obvious now that you say it.
cheers for the idea mate, thats working fantastically so far.