• 19.04.2024, 05:07
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Quadro and windows 7

Donnerstag, 24. Januar 2019, 15:40

Is Quadro compatible with win7 x64 pro, if it is but with limitations, what are they

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (24. Januar 2019, 16:04)

Donnerstag, 24. Januar 2019, 19:46

The AMBIENTpx effect is not available on windows 7.

Aquasuite 2018 is required to use the Quadro.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hufeisen« (24. Januar 2019, 19:49)

Donnerstag, 24. Januar 2019, 20:29

Thanks for your input.

Quadro installation

Sonntag, 27. Januar 2019, 17:06

Hi,

I have been searching for an answer and can't find it in these forums nor on any external sites, so I thought I'd reply to this topic since it relates to my two problems.

I have a Quadro installed in a Windows 7 computer. In the device manager, the "QUADRO" has an "!" indicating there is a problem; there is no driver installed. Is this normal? Is there a specific driver required? Uninstalling and re-installing the Quadro (physically and via software) does not allow Windows to apply a driver at all to it. All of my other Aquacomputer hardware are fine (aquaro, aquastreams, farbwerk, flow meters, etc). The Quadro appears as a "power adjust" in HWinfo (I am running HWinfo version 6 from December 2018 ).

I can't find a driver for the Quadro or for a power adjust. Is there one? Can it be extracted from the Aquasuite installer?

Aquasuite does see the Quadro and partially allows me to manage it... I can read physical sensor data and control the fans, change light patterns. Aquasuite can act on that physical sensor data and control the RGBpx LEDs using those 4 physical temperature sensors--but I do not want to do that. I want to pull sensor information from Aquasuite, like how I do for the Farbwerk, and have the Quadro use the imported sensor data to control the fans/lighting. That is what I do with the farbwerk, it work's very well with the farbwerk.

I've tried many times, and I am unable to send temperature data from it to the custom sensors, I cannot even take physical sensor data from a Aquadro physical sensor and map it to the software sensors on the Quadro--Quadro Physical Sensor values (and any other non-Quadro sensors) being mapped to Quadro Software Sensors, described on page 13 of the Quadro manual, does not work. I only get the name and list of where the data source is. I do not get the actual data. I've waited hours and rebooted, and tried using USB and also Aquabus. The manual states the data comes over USB, but I tried aquabus anyway and that did not help.

I have tried using the aquasuite service readings, HWInfo, and numerous different readings--temperatures, fan RPMs, flow rates, etc -- nothing shows up except for the name of the sensor I select. All of my other AQ devices are not experiencing these same issues.

Are there any solutions? To summarize, I would like help with the Quadro device driver and assistance with the Quadro software sensors not pulling or receiving data.

My next steps are to simply turn the PC and its power supplies off and wait; I did this for the firmware updates when adding the Quadro (everything required a firmware update after upgrading the Aquasuite version...) and I am on the most recent firmwares (Quadro is using fw 1011; Aquaero 6 uses fw 2101) and also using Aquasuite version 2018-9.

Thanks!

I was able to get the Quadro recognized

Mittwoch, 30. Januar 2019, 22:17

I wanted to reply to my own message in the event my solution proves to be helpful to anyone in the future.

Windows 7 did not have the appropriate generic USB driver information in its INI/INF files. Only Windows 8 and Windows 10 has the proper built-in drivers to appropriately identify, and allow the proper use of, the Quadro.

Windows update might not work in finding the driver; it did not for me.

In order to fix the issue, one needs to download a cabinet file from the Windows Update Catalog via Microsoft, extract the cabinet contents, and then go to the Device Manager and select Update Driver for the !QUADRO device. Alternatively, uninstall the Quadro in the device manager, reboot or scan for new hardware, and allow Windows to update the driver.

The link to retrieve the cabinet file with the USB driver for Quadro compatibility with Windows 7 is at the following URL:

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com…ther%20hardware

You can also simply go to the catalog update site and manually search for "windows phone USB other" or a combination of those terms--the driver itself is intended to allow for Windows 7 to interface to Windows Phones--but it includes the USB information also provided in Windows 8 that allows for seamless device installations. The phone itself has nothing to do with the driver; it is just a description.

The Title of the driver is called "Windows Phone - Other Hardware - WinUsb Device" and is supported in Windows 7, Server 2008 R2, and even Windows Vista.

Download this and extract it to a temporary folder. Manually update the driver by selecting the non-functioning Quadro in the device manager and select Update Driver. Navigate to/choose the location that the cabinet was extracted to, then proceed to install the driver. Windows will discover and read the cabinet contents, and hopefully, query and install the approrpriate driver information.

You may need to reboot or restart the Aquasuite services for the Quadro to begin functioning as expected; this may depend on your system.

I expect that most future hardware devices from AQ will also require this method of installation; fortunately, one need only install the cabinet file information once, and Windows will integrate the information into the local OS driver repository.

(This will not enable any Windows 8 or newer dependent features; this is only a means to find and install the drivers required for the Quadro to properly communicate with an Aquaero on Windows 7.)

CoAff

Donnerstag, 31. Januar 2019, 15:59

Thanks for the information. I'll add that to my store of things needed to successfully install Win7 in an environment that includes USB3 and NVME support.

Donnerstag, 31. Januar 2019, 19:28

good info
thanks