• 16.04.2024, 20:36
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aquasuite Update frequency?

Mittwoch, 13. Februar 2019, 15:13

Is there any way to increase the update frequency on Aquasuite? It seems to be around 1 sec, at best, and I would like at least 100ms, preferable better. The reason is that I want to measure disk activity, and anything above 100ms is useless.

Mittwoch, 13. Februar 2019, 16:53

What are you measuring? IOPS? Throughput in Xbps? The clue is in the name.

A sub-second measure of disk utilization will provide what exactly? Latency for each request?

There are diminishing returns polling that frequently, probably inducing latency on the controller asking it every 100ms what it’s doing about other requests.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Railgun« (13. Februar 2019, 16:57)

Mittwoch, 13. Februar 2019, 16:59

What are you measuring? IOPS? Throughput in Xbps? The clue is in the name.

A sub-second measure of disk utilization will provide what exactly?

The same happens every time I ask something in this forum. Why do you need 2 pumps? Why do you use a Mo-Ra 3 with 18 fans? Why do you do this? Why do you do that? I just want to do it because it's fun, and it's possible. Why do anyone want to O/C the fastest CPU in the world? Do they need to? Hardly. Why do anyone play around with liquid nitrogen? They can't play a game on the PC while doing it, can they?

For this specific question, it's the disk read/write speed, the same you see in Task Manager/Performance, under each disk.

Mittwoch, 13. Februar 2019, 17:51

Learn the difference between why and what. Did I ask a why question? I don’t care why you want to do it.

Also, look at what happens to your CPU. Try holding F5 to ramp up the polling interval and see what happens.

The Aquaero isn’t polling directly (AFAIK) and is probably reliant on WMI. There will probably be a performance hit on polling at that interval.

Additionally, as I alluded to, transfer is measured in bps or Bps. There’s no reason to get more granular.

If you were looking at network stats, maybe, where microbursts from a multitude of client/server traffic flows through an interface, but that’s not the case here.

Mittwoch, 13. Februar 2019, 18:17

Learn the difference between why and what. Did I ask a why question? I don’t care why you want to do it.

Also, look at what happens to your CPU. Try holding F5 to ramp up the polling interval and see what happens.

The Aquaero isn’t polling directly (AFAIK) and is probably reliant on WMI. There will probably be a performance hit on polling at that interval.

Additionally, as I alluded to, transfer is measured in bps or Bps. There’s no reason to get more granular.

If you were looking at network stats, maybe, where microbursts from a multitude of client/server traffic flows through an interface, but that’s not the case here.

What happend to my CPU? Which one? I have 3 CPU’s (3960, 5960 and an 8700) and they’re all working (except the 3960 is in it’s box since I don’t use it).

Donnerstag, 14. Februar 2019, 09:09

Is there any way to increase the update frequency on Aquasuite?
The short answer is No.
There are technical reasons why we have limited the update frequency.

Donnerstag, 14. Februar 2019, 11:15

The short answer is No.

Looking at Aquasuite, there are times I wonder if you bothered getting any good programmers at all. The potential is huge, but the way you treat it is still more unbelievable. If you joined forces with Aida64 you would probably earn more on Aquasuite than all other products you sell, combined.

Donnerstag, 14. Februar 2019, 20:17

The short answer is No.

Looking at Aquasuite, there are times I wonder if you bothered getting any good programmers at all. The potential is huge, but the way you treat it is still more unbelievable. If you joined forces with Aida64 you would probably earn more on Aquasuite than all other products you sell, combined.

Sometimes, even from their responses to bug reports I don't think they really care :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (15. Februar 2019, 00:11)

Freitag, 15. Februar 2019, 00:22

Zitat

Just because you can't set the update frequency you desire? Something yourself admitted that would be just "because it's fun", so no real purpose.
Especially when it would be detrimental, and not even Resource Monitor allows you to go that low, and that's used for benchmarking systems that have a bigger impact then "fun".

Freitag, 15. Februar 2019, 06:58

We read all the bug reports. If they really are bugs they will be fixed in the next versions.
But if we can't reproduce the bug, no bug will be fixed.