• 16.04.2024, 18:06
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Need some help with the SPLITTY9 splitter for up to 9 fans or aquabus devices

Dienstag, 19. Februar 2019, 23:02

Hello,
I would like to build a separate fan controlling unit and i do not what it to be controlled by my motherboard. I was thinking of using this SPLITTY9 splitter for up to 9 fans or aquabus devices

I am thinking to hook up to it 8 separate 4 pin PWM controlled fans. Now the question is: Can i control the fans using a separate PWM motor controller? And if yes can i get a diagram on how to connect it to the splitter RPM pins.

I was thinking something like this :

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/DC6-30V-…fc-5ec4282f765d

Thank you!

Mittwoch, 20. Februar 2019, 00:45

Can i control the fans using a separate PWM motor controller?
if you can find a controller that is within the fans specification.

the fan PWM signal has the following specifications:
Frequency: Target: 25 kHz (minimum 21 kHz, maximum 28 kHz)
Control Voltage: minimum 0.8 V, maximum 5.25V
maximum Current sourced: 5 mA

Some additional resistors, diodes and other stuff might be necessary as well.

The motor controller you listed is outside of these specifications.
The problem with motor controllers is the maximum current sourced...
a motor controller ususally has a higher current sourced, so it will damage your fans.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hufeisen« (20. Februar 2019, 01:04)

Mittwoch, 20. Februar 2019, 01:13

Hey,Thank you for the super fast response.

From what i see it will cost a bit to find the 25khz motor control and the extras will ramp up the price.

Can i use this instead and connect it directly to the splitty9? Will the PWM be controlled directly by the Noctua fan controller unit.

Sorry but i did not find any specification regarding the PWM signal for the Noctua. But i am guessing it works with most of the fans so it should not be a problem

Noctua NA FC1 4 Pin PWM Fan Control Unit

Thank you!

Mittwoch, 20. Februar 2019, 21:09

Yes, the Noctua PWM Controller works. (and all necessary cables are included)

You need to use the cable with the Sata connector for power supply. Plug it in the PWM Controller input connector.
A connection to the Mainboard is not required.
Connect the PWM Controller output connector with a cable to the Splitty9 input connector.
Change the Jumper on the Splitty9 for Fan usage (read the manual)
Connect your 8 Fans to the Splitty9.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hufeisen« (20. Februar 2019, 21:23)