• 16.04.2024, 22:35
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

eol

D5 next virtual flow sensor

Mittwoch, 20. Februar 2019, 05:40

i am not getting any output i tried calibrating and it does not work, the pump is moving water but there is no reading being displayed

RE: D5 next virtual flow sensor

Mittwoch, 27. Februar 2019, 13:42

i am not getting any output i tried calibrating and it does not work, the pump is moving water but there is no reading being displayed

Well, I just calibrated 2 of these yesterday and I had no issues doing that ... !

That being said make sure to go by the book (manual) and ensure that prior to calibration your system meets
the requirements to calibrate itself like having the pump work on more than 3000 rpm, have more than 80L per minute or hour
(i can't recall because using gallons is more convenient for me), use their liquid or (in my case) pure distilled water and block the
flow after starting the calibration for nearly 30 secs ... (it is a give or take 3 step calibration).

Using other liquids can affect the calibration and it makes sense as long as we are talking about an algorithm and not an actual
flow sensor here which means that the algorithm variables must be met in order for it to provide to you an output (flow estimation ;) )

I hope that helps ! 8o

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Edropian« (27. Februar 2019, 13:43)

eol

Donnerstag, 28. Februar 2019, 07:30

I don't know what I'm doing wrong I follow the instructions and all i get is a zero flow rate using distilled pump at 5000 rpm block the flow it doesn't work

Tanquen

Sonntag, 25. Oktober 2020, 03:51

I just set up my new D5 Next today and I believe I most all the requirements.

Turned off the fan so my temperature was above 25 degrees Celsius and made sure the pump speed was above 3,000 RPM but I have no idea what my flow rate is and I'm using distilled water. I'm using soft tubing so I was able to clamp the hose I'm not sure if it matters if it's just before or after the pump. I do get a flow reading but only when the pump is above 2800 RPM or so. It just jumps up to like 30 gallons per hour and then if I max out the pump speed it jumps up to about 75 gallons per hour at 4800 RPM.

ehupp01

Montag, 26. Oktober 2020, 17:16

I could not get a reading on distilled water but it works great after switching to Double Protect Ultra.

Montag, 26. Oktober 2020, 18:00

D5NEXT english.pdf

13.3. Virtual flow sensor
In order to enable virtual flow measurement, select the corresponding entry in the“sensor type” selector.
Prerequisites for use:
●Double Protect Ultra as coolant
●Pump speed of at least 3000 rpm
●Flow rate of at least 80 l/h
●No additional pump in the cooling system
●Calibration process completed
Flow rates below 80 l/h will not be displayed due to increasing imprecision of the calculation method for low flow rates.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Tanquen

Dienstag, 27. Oktober 2020, 17:50

I could not get a reading on distilled water but it works great after switching to Double Protect Ultra.
Edropian said it worked fine with distilled water.

Oh well, not sure why you need that coolant (what if you can’t get it) and have always been afraid to use any and always just use distilled water. I also have no idea what the flow rate is as that is why I wanted a flow sensor. Says you need 80l/h or more but then the sensor is in g/h. Just seems odd.

What flow rate do you get at the slowest and fastest pump speeds? Is there no way to stop the pump? At 0% output the RPM is 2000?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Tanquen« (27. Oktober 2020, 18:04)

Mittwoch, 28. Oktober 2020, 08:40

Is there no way to stop the pump? At 0% output the RPM is 2000?
About 1900 is a minimal speed. No way to stop the pump through controller, only through physical de-powering. All other speed controlled pumps act the same - do not stop even at 0%.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »k2viper« (28. Oktober 2020, 08:41)