• 20.04.2024, 01:22
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

-solved- Need some help (AQ6XT PWM control issues)

Samstag, 23. Februar 2019, 20:24

Disclaimer: Am a new user :)

Bought an AQ6XT and two Quadros some days ago, everything worked fine, setting them up, updating firmware individually, then disconnecting and reconnecting through Aquabus only, changing the interface to add all the extra fan channels to the AQ's screen, etc. etc. All good.

So with everything set, i get down to the important stuff, actually mount some fans and test it all out; now the fans in question are a 140mm Noctua iPPC 3000 and a 92mm Noctua A9 (both of which are PWM).
And... i can control them through "power", i can control them by "speed" (which am assuming means reading the tach and modifying the voltage accordingly?), but i cannot control them through Pulse Modulation.

From the Aquasuite, going in the 'Fans' tab inside the Aquaero 'tab', i've chosen the "PWM controlled" option. I set 900 as minimum (on purpose, well above either fan's minimum operating range), 2400 as maximum. Nothing, they both run full speed.
I then put both minimum and maximum RPM to 2400RPM. Again nothing, fans continue to run full tilt, no change at all.
Fans are connected straight to AQ or Quadro and are powered by the AQ/Quadro; have also tried them out in multiple channels just to make sure it wasn't a hardware issue. Fans are connected without any splitters, hubs or whatever in between. One fan, plugged on its own, in one channel. Tried with both fans in two different channels on the AQ6, tried both fans with one on the AQ and one on the Quadro, same problem.
Have left minimum power to defaults, have changed it to a 35% minimum, with and without "hold minimum power", have activated and de-activated "Start Boost"; again no change. Which is logical, but you know, eventually i tried everything out.
* All fan channels are assigned in the 'Controllers' page and are not greyed out.
** Have read that with older aquasuite versions, firmware updates could temporarily 'bug' features; have reset everything to factory defaults and tried again, problem persists.
*** Aquasuite is installed on a Windows Enterprise x64bit 1809 build, set to run with /admin permissions.

So TLDR version, "Speed controlled", that works, speed changes. "Power controlled", that also works fine. "PWM controlled" doesn't work.

Can someone please help? It's probably me being new, but.. just not seeing any other setting that's relevant :S
Would be really thankful for any help you can provide.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 7 mal editiert, zuletzt von »E.X« (28. Februar 2019, 15:49)

Sonntag, 24. Februar 2019, 05:31

Do you have controller(s) set for the fans?

Sonntag, 24. Februar 2019, 13:47

Do you have controller(s) set for the fans?
Yes of course, Quadro wouldn't function through Aquabus otherwise, channels are initially greyed out.

P.S. Also, just in case i was misunderstood, as your question could imply i haven't been clear enough.
I can control each fan channel individually, be it the AQ's or Quadro's; but only through "Power" or "Speed".
I cannot have any control whatsoever if i choose "PWM Controlled". Which is the only thing i'm interested in.. hence the OP ;)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »E.X« (24. Februar 2019, 13:51)

Donnerstag, 28. Februar 2019, 15:21

Problem solved.

Something must have gone wrong in the firmware upgrade/initialisation, i short circuited it from the temp sensors and went through everything from the start. Working fine now :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »E.X« (28. Februar 2019, 15:50)