• 12.12.2019, 18:21
  • Register
  • Login
  • You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Aqua Computer Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Two general questions

Thursday, February 28th 2019, 4:06pm

- It.. "feels" as if the AQ6 takes way too long to power up.. am fearing motherboard forced shut down issues (no fan alarm). Now i haven't had time to redo any rig, have so far being simply testing the AQ externally; it's why i said i'm fearing, have yet to test this properly. But i've noticed it takes a long, long time to get itself going and.. if this becomes a problem, the fake RPM signal would also not be of any help, because by the time it is generated, the mobo will have shut the PC down :)
Is there anything i could be doing wrong here? Or anything i could do to improve its startup period? Have tried with the AQ connected through USB, have tried with it standalone, to be frank not very happy about its response time.
(FYI, i've also kept things to the bare minimum; the only thing the AQ does is control fans and that's with a preset value; no tables, no curves, no sensors, no nothing; just AQ+Quadro and just for fixed PWM control; i've literally disabled everything, even showing the time is out)

- As mentioned above, am currently "testing" the AQ6XT externally from a Windows OS, but once sorted (read: i find some time), plan is to "migrate" the AQ6 with its stored settings to a Linux machine. I know Linux isn't supported, but no issue there; as mentioned, the AQ6 will be preconfigured, so i won't be missing the Aquasuite.
Question is, in this scenario, is there any point in keeping the USB connection? AQ to MB? If yes, what for please?