• 19.04.2024, 23:05
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

6XT screen removal.

Dienstag, 12. März 2019, 17:14

Hey guys.

Ive had my aquaero 6XT many years and its been fantastic. However these days with the large number of cases coming out sans-5.25 inch bays I was considering removing the screen portion to turn my XT into essentially a 6LT. which seems more economical than buying a 6LT and wasting the 6XT. I am competent hardware/disassembly wise.

I was wondering if anyone has done this before?
Does it effect the firmware/updating the firmware at all?
Would any functions (apart from the obvious) be lost?

Thanks in advance, Bill. :)

Dienstag, 12. März 2019, 17:46

You can remove the display without any issues. It will be detected by the aquasuite as a LT after the removal.
As it will be detected as a LT you are loosing one year free software updates at the aquasuite. To prevent this you need to install the display any time you need to do a update of the aquasuite.
After the update it can be removed again. This is the only issue downgrading to the LT.

Samstag, 30. März 2019, 19:53

Thanks for this info. I've been running mine without the screen since I got it, though it's only been a few months maybe, still this is good to know and I'll make sure to attach the screen before I update again.