• 18.04.2024, 15:28
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

What cases are people using that have good access to the Aquaero?

Montag, 18. März 2019, 22:58

Since 5,25” is all but history, what cases are left that gives you good access to the Aquaero (I water cool it, to make it even more complicated)? My latest case, CoolerMaster P700 is close to impossible to use, since I have to unscrew 10+ screws and remove the top fans and panel as well as the front panel. I have used MountainMods earlier, but they are expensive, not very good looking, and the transport from the US easily adds over $100 to the price tag.

Dienstag, 19. März 2019, 01:39

I use a Corsair 900D that gives you some bays in front. Just click the side panels off and remove the bay screws and wallah!

Dienstag, 19. März 2019, 10:49

I use a Corsair 900D that gives you some bays in front. Just click the side panels off and remove the bay screws and wallah!

Way too small. I have it out in the shed somewhere. I would like a cube of some sort.

Dienstag, 19. März 2019, 17:47

Have you looked at the Corsair Air 540?

Dienstag, 19. März 2019, 18:23

I have. The only real drawback seems to be that the 5,25" bay's are vertical. So, yes, been thinking about it.

RE: What cases are people using that have good access to the Aquaero?

Dienstag, 19. März 2019, 20:15

I have used MountainMods earlier, but they are expensive, not very good looking, and the transport from the US easily adds over $100 to the price tag.

Ha. Don’t I know it. But necessity is the mother of ...necessity?

For me I didn’t care about aesthetics, rather function. But of course I had many custom parts made....so yeah...it wasn’t cheap getting to the UK. But it works and will continue to work for me for years. Of course, the exchange rate was much better then.

I’ve had it for about seven years already. Doesn’t seem that long but time flies I guess.

For the record I have an Ascension.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Railgun« (19. März 2019, 20:19)

RE: RE: What cases are people using that have good access to the Aquaero?

Dienstag, 19. März 2019, 20:44

I have used MountainMods earlier, but they are expensive, not very good looking, and the transport from the US easily adds over $100 to the price tag.

Ha. Don’t I know it. But necessity is the mother of ...necessity?

For me I didn’t care about aesthetics, rather function. But of course I had many custom parts made....so yeah...it wasn’t cheap getting to the UK. But it works and will continue to work for me for years. Of course, the exchange rate was much better then.

I’ve had it for about seven years already. Doesn’t seem that long but time flies I guess.

For the record I have an Ascension.

Yeah, I really like MountainMods cases (Ascension CYO), but the owner isn't very interested in helping, sadly. I don't want to spend around $700 if I'm not absolutely certain it will work. I found that I need an extended version, because the old case isn't deep enough. I'm using a monster radiator (Mo-Ra3) and want it mounted inside the case (with pull-push), if I go for MountainMods. The old one got crammed absolutely full, making it hard to work with the components. ATM I'm running the Mo-Ra3 outside the case (CoolerMaster P700), but it's not ideal, and it's a job getting the air bubbles out of the system when I have done something which makes it necessary to drain it. I could of course use one of my 360 rads, which I will probably have to do next time I build something. As you probably understand it's the build itself that interests me, all the crazy stuff I can put inside it, not so much the function of the PC (I have an old, fully adequate PC for that with Asus RVE and a 5960X). :P

Dienstag, 19. März 2019, 20:56

I have. The only real drawback seems to be that the 5,25" bay's are vertical. So, yes, been thinking about it.

You could use the case sideways and have the MB facing up. ;)

RE: RE: RE: What cases are people using that have good access to the Aquaero?

Mittwoch, 20. März 2019, 13:42

I'm using a monster radiator (Mo-Ra3) and want it mounted inside the case (with pull-push),

That's what I use, though only push. If I were to go push-pull, I'm pretty sure I'd still have room. That's odd they wouldn't help. They were more than happy to take my money. ?(

I'm using the horizon tray with a custom bracket and a custom front and back panel to specifically fit the MO-RA and some other things (140mm fan instead of 120mm for a larger HDD bracket for the rear). So to Jack's point, the mobo is facing up and the whole thing is raised towards the top of the case. They should NOT charge you any custom fees for the design of the front panel as it's already been done by me. I'd be happy to send you the files they sent if that's one of the sticking points.

My pump and res are sitting in the middle-ish underneath everything. I have two 6 XTs (as slaves didn't allow for PWM at the time) with the MO-RA up front, an Alphcool UT60 at the rear, and fans on either side and on the roof.

What mobo are you looking to put in it? I'm using the Rampage V Extreme and it fits perfectly.

These are the only pics I have handy at the moment, but hopefully it gets you an idea...these were WIP pics to be sure.
My hacked SLI bridge there too.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 6 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Railgun« (20. März 2019, 13:54)

RE: RE: RE: RE: What cases are people using that have good access to the Aquaero?

Mittwoch, 20. März 2019, 20:01

I'm using a monster radiator (Mo-Ra3) and want it mounted inside the case (with pull-push),

That's what I use, though only push. If I were to go push-pull, I'm pretty sure I'd still have room. That's odd they wouldn't help. They were more than happy to take my money. ?(

I'm using the horizon tray with a custom bracket and a custom front and back panel to specifically fit the MO-RA and some other things (140mm fan instead of 120mm for a larger HDD bracket for the rear). So to Jack's point, the mobo is facing up and the whole thing is raised towards the top of the case. They should NOT charge you any custom fees for the design of the front panel as it's already been done by me. I'd be happy to send you the files they sent if that's one of the sticking points.

My pump and res are sitting in the middle-ish underneath everything. I have two 6 XTs (as slaves didn't allow for PWM at the time) with the MO-RA up front, an Alphcool UT60 at the rear, and fans on either side and on the roof.

What mobo are you looking to put in it? I'm using the Rampage V Extreme and it fits perfectly.

These are the only pics I have handy at the moment, but hopefully it gets you an idea...these were WIP pics to be sure.
My hacked SLI bridge there too.

Right now I don’t have the funds to invest in it, so I fixed the build I already have. I sent him a lot of questions about the panels I would need, but he didn’t get back to me. I sent a new e-mail and he said he was busy with a new batch, but didn’t come back to me after that. I asked him about duality and if he had some pictures of how it worked, which he said I could find myself (haven’t found any). Overall he seemed very unvilling to spend time on my questions.

Montag, 25. März 2019, 05:38

Way too small. I have it out in the shed somewhere. I would like a cube of some sort.

Ooh, indeed sir. Then you should be able to pull a Caselabs Magnum THW10A out from under the bed.

Montag, 25. März 2019, 10:31

Maybe this one: Thermaltake core x71

I have it and it has enormous space and still 2 5,25" Slots - plus it has a reasonable price tag.

Montag, 25. März 2019, 14:50

I have it and it has enormous space and still 2 5,25" Slots - plus it has a reasonable price tag.

Reasonable price tag? WOW!

Montag, 25. März 2019, 20:52

For it's design, it actually is versus competitors which could range $200+. That's in the States but if you're else where, prices can range higher.

Montag, 25. März 2019, 21:04

For it's design, it actually is versus competitors which could range $200+. That's in the States but if you're else where, prices can range higher.

Starting price around $700 and the first panel I wanted to change was over $150? That’s a bit on the pricy side in my book.

Montag, 25. März 2019, 21:58

Starting price around $700 and the first panel I wanted to change was over $150? That’s a bit on the pricy side in my book.

We are talking about the TT Core X71 right?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »GTXJackBauer« (26. März 2019, 04:46)

Montag, 25. März 2019, 22:14

We are talking about the TT Core X71 right?

My PC sent me to a completely different system than the iPad, which I use now. Anyway, totally fell in love with The Tower 900. It’s too high, so I would have to fix my desk.

Samstag, 30. März 2019, 09:43

I have this, so no shortage of 5,25" bay... :P

https://www.hydra-shop.com/product/hydra-desk/

I use my PC for movie viewing, so I need at least one bay for the blu-ray player.

My real issue was the lack of good front panel USB connector, most are are too empty or just look bad with ow crowded they are.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »II ARROWS« (30. März 2019, 09:48)

Samstag, 30. März 2019, 10:50

I have this, so no shortage of 5,25" bay... :P

https://www.hydra-shop.com/product/hydra-desk/

I use my PC for movie viewing, so I need at least one bay for the blu-ray player.

My real issue was the lack of good front panel USB connector, most are are too empty or just look bad with ow crowded they are.

Nice. I was looking at Lian-Li's, but it was a bit on the expensive side.

Anyway, I bought a TT The Tower 900 https://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002974
The front bay is great, and it is accessible even when the build is finished (you just have to disconnect the drives and unscrew a bunch of screws on the stuff inside the case). I'm obviously not going to try to water cool the Aquaero when it's in that position, but there will be fewer fans to power in that build anyway (today I have 9 fans on 2 outputs and 3 fans on 2 outputs, so it gets a little warm).
Now I only need to save up a LOT of money. Next month will be 2 D5 Next with reservoirs, then some radiators and fans, then some, then some, etc etc, as I can afford. hehe

Samstag, 30. März 2019, 11:38

Show us some pics when all is said and done!