• 19.04.2024, 04:37
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

-ApeX-

How to connect an Aquaero 6 PRO to a 6LT as slave. Fan control questions.

Sonntag, 7. April 2019, 22:52

Greetings! I purchased Aquacomputer parts to do 2 independent loops. The Aquacomputer equipment I have is listed below:
- 1 Aquaero 6 PRO.
- 1 Aquabus x4.
- 1 Real Time Clock module.
- 1 Farbwerk
- 2 Aqualis reservoir and pump adapter (with fill sensor),
- 2 Illumination rings for the reservoir.
- 2 High flow sensors (mechanical).
- 4 Calitemp temp sensors
- 1 Splitty9 (set to Aquabus mode)
I am connecting all this to The Tower 900 which supports 2X 560 radiators using 4X 140mm fans each plus some other fans which total 12 fans to control.
I wanted to control them all with PWM but the Aquaero only has 4 fan outputs. One of the fan outputs will have to be used with one of the flow sensors as there is only one dedicated flow sensor on the Aquaero 6 PRO.
I was considering purchasing 2 Poweradjust modules but I read that you can use an Aquaero 6 LT as a slave unit.
QUESTION 1: If I get a 6 LT, will I be able to use the 2 combined dedicated flow sensor inputs, all 8 PWM fan controls and all the Aquabus connections from both units? I'd still be lacking control to 4 fans.
QUESTION 2: Also, the illumination rings come with a cable that needs to be connected to the BUS connector on the D5 NEXT pump, which is also the Aquabus connector for the pump. Can I connect the reservoir illumination rings directly into the Aquaero in some other way, or maybe to the Faberwerk using an adapter or by modifying the connector?
QUESTION 3: How exactly do I connect the 6 LT as a slave? What cable is required to link both of them, I read something about flashing the unit etc.
I thank you all in advance, this is my first custom watercooling project and it is massively complicated, any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

RE: How to connect an Aquaero 6 PRO to a 6LT as slave. Fan control questions.

Sonntag, 7. April 2019, 23:12

One of the fan outputs will have to be used with one of the flow sensors as there is only one dedicated flow sensor on the Aquaero 6 PRO.
There are now two dedicated flow sensors on the aquaero 6.
Both the Flow sensor port and the old aquabus Low port are dedicated as ports for the Flow sensor high flow.
May not be enough, but you should have four PWM fan ports available with two high flow sensors

-ApeX-

RE: RE: How to connect an Aquaero 6 PRO to a 6LT as slave. Fan control questions.

Sonntag, 7. April 2019, 23:16

That is very helpful indeed, I thank you for the info! It may be enough as I am willing to give up some granular control of the fans if it makes things easier and cheaper.
One of the fan outputs will have to be used with one of the flow sensors as there is only one dedicated flow sensor on the Aquaero 6 PRO.
There are now two dedicated flow sensors on the aquaero 6.
Both the Flow sensor port and the old aquabus Low port are dedicated as ports for the Flow sensor high flow.
May not be enough, but you should have four PWM fan ports available with two high flow sensors

Montag, 8. April 2019, 00:39

Two additional thoughts:
1. The clock module is not needed unless you will NOT be keeping a USB connection between the aquaero & motherboard.
2. It is less costly to purchase a Quadro, or two, for additional PWM fan ports/control than to purchase an aquaero 6 lt for a slave.
EDIT: The Quadro would also allow you to drive both RGBpx LED rings for aqualis.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (8. April 2019, 07:09)

-ApeX-

Dienstag, 9. April 2019, 08:39

Two additional thoughts:
1. The clock module is not needed unless you will NOT be keeping a USB connection between the aquaero & motherboard.
2. It is less costly to purchase a Quadro, or two, for additional PWM fan ports/control than to purchase an aquaero 6 lt for a slave.
EDIT: The Quadro would also allow you to drive both RGBpx LED rings for aqualis.

I completely overlooked the Quadro for some reason, upon your information I looked at the specs and it does exactly what I needed. Purchased 2 that should, in combination with the PWM fan headers on the Aquaero, do everything I need it done. Thanks for the help. I am still at the physical connection stages, once I have everything wired we will be able to finally test eveeyrhing.

Mittwoch, 10. April 2019, 20:09

Do you need fully independent control to 12 PWM channels?

The 4 fans for each radiator could all be connected to a single PWM channel on the AQ6 as there is no reason to run fans on the same radiator at different speeds.

I believe the AQ6 can handle up to 30W per channel. Most fans are 0.3Amp/3.6 watt range (the Yate Loon's all seem to be this power draw), with a few in the 0.45Amp/6ish watt area (38mm thick 2500RPM Koolance I have are like this).

I run an AQ6 with an AQ5 LT slave. (rated for 20 Watts per channel

9 Arctic fans off one channel (3 140x3 rads) on an AQ6 - about 12 watts
8 Yate Loon on channel 2 (2 120x4 rads) - about 28 watts
8 Yate Loon on channel 3 (2 120x4 rads) - about 28 watts
6 Yate Loon on channel 4 (2 120x6 rads) - about 22 watts

2 80mm Arctic PWM on channel o1 of AQ5 - don't know the amps they pull, probably under 6 watts for both
2 40mm ram slot fans on channel 2 of AQ5 - don't know the amps they pull, probably under 6 watts for both
1 RPM from pump
3 120x38 Koolance on Channel 4 - about 16watts

12 Fans should be simple enough to use a single AQ6 if you could get away with having the 4 case fans be split into just two channels and not needed to be run at different speeds

If you need 12 individual channel control, then yes, other options as suggested by other posts here would be needed.