• 20.04.2024, 06:08
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquasuite on linux

Freitag, 8. Juni 2007, 13:28

Hi all,

I saw that Aquasuite was written in .NET 1.1. Has anyone tried to compile it using Mono (e.g. by using MonoDevelop)? Maybe Aquasuite might work on linux while using Mono.

Regards,
Blue.

Re: Aquasuite on linux

Freitag, 8. Juni 2007, 15:00

Welcome to the forum :)

1.) No idea...

2.) There is a command line tool for Linux. It also has an integrated webserver with a GUI (via Browser).

Sonntag, 10. Juni 2007, 19:11

Thanks for welcoming me! ;)

I have read about the command line tool and the webapp. But I guess I am one of those old-fashioned people, who prefer regular applications instead of webapps. And command line isn't very comfortable to monitor your system. GUI's are very practical for that. So that's why I asked if someone tried to compile the application with Mono. Especially, if you look at the maturity level of Mono at the moment....

Regards,
Blue.

Dienstag, 12. Juni 2007, 13:43

Zitat von »Blue_iced56«

Thanks for welcoming me! ;)

I have read about the command line tool and the webapp. But I guess I am one of those old-fashioned people, who prefer regular applications instead of webapps. And command line isn't very comfortable to monitor your system. GUI's are very practical for that. So that's why I asked if someone tried to compile the application with Mono. Especially, if you look at the maturity level of Mono at the moment....

Regards,
Blue.

i dont believe that it is possible. but just send an email to the support and ask your question. only ac can try that because the aquasuite is close source.

Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2007, 18:51

Well, in that case I would say: if you don't try, you'll never know. And there might be some issues, but maybe they are not to complicated to overcome. The GUI is something that I can imagine to be an issue. It would be great though as the application looks really great.

Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2007, 19:49

hi,
the aquasuite dosen´t run with Net Framework 1.1, only with 2.0.
We use many windows only functions ( USB calls, Windows Forms, Api calls,...)
All this functions are not available in Linux.

Sebastian

Mittwoch, 11. Juli 2007, 15:49

Too bad! I might create a GUI version of the command line tool, when I have time.

Donnerstag, 20. Dezember 2007, 02:42

Blue_Iced -
I'm currently polishing off the C++ code for the Aquaero Daemon under Linux. The GUI interface is via HTML, and designed by Christian Unger. It's a bit dated, but handles most of the important Aquaero functions. Additionally, the daemon publishes its own web server, so you can configure the Aquaero externally. Should be done by the end of the week. I'd love to work on a new, more flashy GUI, but I'm a novice in C++/Mono. A NEW linux port with integrated WebServer for the Aquasuite on Linux would be awesome. Let me know if I can help.

Mittwoch, 2. Januar 2008, 10:39

Check the Support->Downloads area of this website for a link to the Aquaero Linux Support thread. On the first page is a link to the Aquaero Linux suite, in english. Have fun!