• 18.04.2024, 12:00
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

tirrorex

Dual loop with two d5 next and an aquaero 6 lt

Samstag, 27. April 2019, 16:44

Hello,
been looking at the forum for the configuration of my loop.
Basically i intend to separate my cpu and my gpu with one 480mm radiator for each (so four fans on each loop, 4 fans = one splitter), one d5 next pump per loop, one external temp sensor and everything connected to the aquaero 6 lt.

I intend to use the internal temp sensor of the pumps and the virtual flow meter.
The pumps will most likely be set at 60-70% (whathever is silent) and forget about it.

I intend to run the fans with a curve, said curve will be based on a delta between the internal temperature and the ambient temperature.

Since i don't own the aquaero yet i don't really know how i can manage to do that with two loops, and also i want to be sure that if i need some additional parts i will have them.

So, that being said, anyone that could give me some tips on this?
Especially regarding the fans, i don't really know if they need to be plugged to the aquaero directly or the pumps :/

Thank you

ps : if i put a heatkiller 150 on the pump, do i have to buy an additionnal mount or can i use the one coming with the pump ?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »tirrorex« (27. April 2019, 18:56)

Montag, 29. April 2019, 02:39

Your scenario is very doable.

The fans may be controlled from either the D5 NEXT pumps or the aquaero, whichever is most convenient for cable management.
I would not use the aquabus connection between the pumps and the aquaero, keep them all on USB.
This may require you use a HUBBY7 internal USB 2.0 Hub if your motherboard has insufficient internal USB 2.0 ports.

The Δt between the loop temperature and ambient temperature, to control your fans, can be set up on the aquaero as a virtual temperature with the aquasuite, one for each loop.

With the USB connections, and the aquasuite windows service active, you will be able to see all values on all 3 items in the aquasuite, giving you full control capability.

The only other option I would suggest is a Flow sensor high flow G1/4 in each loop. I have not used the D5 NEXT pumps, but I have seen several posts regarding the virtual flow sensor's limitations and complexity with calibration. If you do get the High Flow sensors, don't forget the required cable which is not included.

For planning purposes, the aquaero has 4 PWM fan ports and 2 flow sensor ports in default configuration. The D5 NEXT pump has one port that can serve as either a PWM fan port, OR a flow sensor port.

I am not clear on your heatkiller question, maybe someone else who is will help.

tirrorex

Dienstag, 30. April 2019, 07:02

I would not use the aquabus connection between the pumps and the aquaero, keep them all on USB.
This may require you use a HUBBY7 internal USB 2.0 Hub if your motherboard has insufficient internal USB 2.0 ports.

The only other option I would suggest is a Flow sensor high flow G1/4 in each loop. I have not used the D5 NEXT pumps, but I have seen several posts regarding the virtual flow sensor's limitations and complexity with calibration. If you do get the High Flow sensors, don't forget the required cable which is not included.

Hum, what do you mean by keeping them on all usb?
We are still talking about plugging the pumps directly to the aquaero right?
So usb connection from the aquaero to the motherboard? or am i missing something ?
Plugging with usb allows to use the internal temp sensor ?

Hum i don't really need the flow sensor, i will just use it because it is there.

Dienstag, 30. April 2019, 22:58

There are two ways to connect the D5 Next pump:
1. with USB to the Mainboard. This is required for the RGB Stuff and Firmware Updates.
2. with aquabus connection to the Aquaero 6. using this will disable the RGB Stuff on the pump.
you can use both connections types at the same time.

You need to connect the D5 Next Pump with USB to the Mainboard for initial Setup and Firmware Updates.
After the Setup is done, you can remove the USB Cable and only use the Aquabus connection to the Aquaero.

Imho, the Aquaero is not necessary for your loops.
Just connect the D5 Next pumps with USB to your Mainboard, and use the FAN Connector on the Pump to control your Fans.
You can use the internal temperature sensor of the Pump to control the FAN speed.
The only problem is getting the ambient temperature reading without an Aquaero, because the D5 Next does not have a connector for an external Temp Sensor.

The virtual Flow Sensor only works with Aquacomputer Double Protect Ultra Cooling fluid.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hufeisen« (30. April 2019, 23:10)

tirrorex

Mittwoch, 1. Mai 2019, 16:23

Oh makes more sense now thanks.

Well the thing is, even if i plugged an ambient sensor directly into the motherboard i don't know any software that could make a delta with the temps.
Aquasuite seems to require an aquaero to be plugged for this (most likely embedded proprieaty software in the aquaero) so ... :/