• 16.04.2024, 23:11
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Override fan curve

Sonntag, 12. Mai 2019, 21:55

There is a way to override fans speed?
For example, during test I prefer to ignore my quiet fan curve and run them at 100% all the time, then return to the usual configuration.

If I create a preset controller to set at 100%, and I quit the application, my curve (which now doesn't have any output associated with it) disappears and I have to recreate it again from scratch.
So, if I have a controller without any output associated, it is lost the next time I open the aquasuite.
That sounds like a bug to me, that if fixed would solve my problem.

There is at least a way around it?
The workaround I used was to set the minimum power of the fans to 99%, so the curve made them always run at 99%, but it's not an elegant solution.

RE: Override fan curve

Montag, 13. Mai 2019, 14:13

There is a way to override fans speed?
For example, during test I prefer to ignore my quiet fan curve and run them at 100% all the time, then return to the usual configuration.

If I create a preset controller to set at 100%, and I quit the application, my curve (which now doesn't have any output associated with it) disappears and I have to recreate it again from scratch.
So, if I have a controller without any output associated, it is lost the next time I open the aquasuite.
That sounds like a bug to me, that if fixed would solve my problem.
There is at least a way around it?

The workaround I used was to set the minimum power of the fans to 99%, so the curve made them always run at 99%, but it's not an elegant solution.

The aquasuite removing empty fan curves would appear to be good house keeping.
Perhaps you could temporarily change the source of the fan curve to a sensor that you have defaulted to a high temp so the curve itself goes to max rpm?

Donnerstag, 16. Mai 2019, 22:19

I could, but still doesn't look like house keeping. That would be like throwing away the pans you don't use at the moment instead of stowing them away.

What if I'm just experimenting with different curves?
I want to try what is the best one for when they kick in, when they start spin faster and what temperatures the water reaches, etcetera.