• 19.04.2024, 13:08
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Novice question: can aquabus devices be controlled without USB connection?

Montag, 10. Juni 2019, 23:59

This is my first experience with Aquaero and it's ecosystem of devices, please excuse me if this is trivial.

I have Aquaero 6XT, two D5 Next pums, High Flow USB sensor, Farbwerk, Quatro, Splitty9. First I install all devices connected both with USB and Aquabus. Run Aquasuite, everything looks good. Checked that all devices have unique Aquabus addresses. Powered off everything. Disconnected all devices from USB (not Aquaero off cause). Started everything and observed the following in Aquasuite. It sees all devices, you can read all available data from all devices. However you can't control any, except Aquaero. The control buttons on the left side of Aquasuite window show broken link symbol. If you press these buttons it shows message that "either device has no USB connection or there is communication error". Is this expected behaviour? And if not how do I fix it?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Donnerstag, 13. Juni 2019, 20:55

Helpful bunch here aren't we? lol.

If you remove the USB connections from any aquacomputer devices, the tab in aquasuite will show the broken connection icon because the connection is gone. And yes, this is expected behavior. You can safely delete those tabs without consequence. If you later reconnect the device to a USB port, the aquasuite will automatically recreate a tab for the device.

Control over the device is more limited using aquabus, but some options may be available under the aquaero tab, ie some curves, etc. The aquabus is also used to pass sensor information between the various devices once they are set up to use it.

Bottom line, if you remove the USB connection, you reduce direct control for most devices. The primary reasons for removing USB cables is aesthetics and port limitations.

Donnerstag, 13. Juni 2019, 21:02

Thank you so much for very clear explanation. It all make sense now.