• 20.04.2024, 10:12
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Montag, 5. Dezember 2022, 12:50

Thanks for the feedback. So, should I just hold off on X.62 since X.59 is the latest stable version and wait to see if X.62 gets fixed?

That is a personal decision, insider means Beta, so bug possibility is higher.

Two things to consider:
1. is there a feature or function that you need/want in the Beta version
2. are you comfortable using a Beta version... Beta does not mean bad software, just not fully tested

Montag, 5. Dezember 2022, 13:28

Other than the tic marks on the gauge, everything else seems to be working OK on latest version for me.
Your call.

Montag, 5. Dezember 2022, 13:39

We'll take a look. This looks very much like a rounding problem.
However, this was also present in this form in the X59 and older.

Montag, 5. Dezember 2022, 15:20

First time for me, though.

Would love to find out why I have to log into the forum every single time.

Montag, 5. Dezember 2022, 15:27

Thanks for the feedback. So, should I just hold off on X.62 since X.59 is the latest stable version and wait to see if X.62 gets fixed?

That is a personal decision, insider means Beta, so bug possibility is higher.

Two things to consider:
1. is there a feature or function that you need/want in the Beta version
2. are you comfortable using a Beta version... Beta does not mean bad software, just not fully tested

Ok. Thanks. I am new to all of this so I will stay put for now and work on figuring out how to use the software to setup my system. I am rebuilding my system and loop and will be installing some AQ stuff and I am sure other questions will follow.
Thanks for the help...Al
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Montag, 5. Dezember 2022, 20:19

Would love to find out why I have to log into the forum every single time.

Your browser is probably deleting cookies after you close it, so the website has to set a new cookie with your credentials when you login.
It's the price one pays to keep google, et al., from tracking you across the internet.

Dienstag, 6. Dezember 2022, 11:59

Question...

I have the Caselab STH10 case and it has separate waterloops for the CPU and GPU. I want to install the Aquacomputer Calitemp digital temp sensors in each loop at the radiators. However. the cable is too short to reach from the radiator located at the bottom of the case to the top where the Aquaero is mounted. I searched and found the Fan/Aquabus extension cable (53163).
https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3183

1. Can I use this extension cable (53163) with the sensor?
2. Is this extension cable basically a 4 pin fan extension cable?

3. If I connect accessories to the Aquaero, can they be controlled by both the software and Aquaero or do I have to designate which does the controlling? Or, when connected to the Aquaero, it becomes the controller?
4. The Aquaero has a molex power connection and the instructions states to connect to PSU. I noticed when I only connected the unit to the USB port of the MB it powered the unit and I was then able to install the software. Do I also have to connect to the PSU via the molex connection to be able to power the devices or is the USB connection enough to power things? I know the instructions says to use USB to install software and can be removed afterwards but is it a must to connect to the molex power connector? What are the consequences of not connecting via the molex?

If this extension cable can't be used can someone point me to the correct cable?

Thanks...Al

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 9 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Methodical« (6. Dezember 2022, 16:47)

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Dienstag, 6. Dezember 2022, 17:39

Yes & yes

Zitat

3. If I connect accessories to the Aquaero, can they be controlled by both the software and Aquaero or do I have to designate which does the controlling? Or, when connected to the Aquaero, it becomes the controller?
Most devices with an aquabus connector will pass data directly to the aquaero on the aquabus, and if USB is also connected, will have their own tabs in aquasuite

The exception is fan controllers (quadro/octo): they will also pass sensor data directly to the aquaero if aquabus connected, and have their own tab in aquasuite if USB is connected
The major difference is all fan ports will come under aquaero control
The upside of that, is if you want to run the aquaero independently it can control all fans, even without a USB connection
The down side is the number of fan controllers is reduced to just the four on the aquaero
- an octo with no aquabus connection = (8 controllers on the octo) + (4 controllers on the aquaero) = total 12 individual controllers
- an octo with aquabus connection = (4 controllers on the aquaero) = total 4 individual controllers

Zitat

4. The Aquaero has a molex power connection and the instructions states to connect to PSU. I noticed when I only connected the unit to the USB port of the MB it powered the unit and I was then able to install the software. Do I also have to connect to the PSU via the molex connection to be able to power the devices or is the USB connection enough to power things? I know the instructions says to use USB to install software and can be removed afterwards but is it a must to connect to the molex power connector? What are the consequences of not connecting via the molex?
The 4-pin Molex (5v/12v) needs to be connected, as the fans run on 12v

Mittwoch, 7. Dezember 2022, 01:58

Yes & yes

Zitat

Most devices with an aquabus connector will pass data directly to the aquaero on the aquabus, and if USB is also connected, will have their own tabs in aquasuite

The exception is fan controllers (quadro/octo): they will also pass sensor data directly to the aquaero if aquabus connected, and have their own tab in aquasuite if USB is connected
The major difference is all fan ports will come under aquaero control
The upside of that, is if you want to run the aquaero independently it can control all fans, even without a USB connection
The down side is the number of fan controllers is reduced to just the four on the aquaero
- an octo with no aquabus connection = (8 controllers on the octo) + (4 controllers on the aquaero) = total 12 individual controllers
- an octo with aquabus connection = (4 controllers on the aquaero) = total 4 individual controllers

Zitat

The 4-pin Molex (5v/12v) needs to be connected, as the fans run on 12v

Thanks for providing this information and clarification with examples. This helps as I am getting my shopping list together for the various components.

Question...Is there any benefit of having a device connected to both the Aquaero and the MB, for instance 2 pumps? I really think I want to have the pumps just connected to the MB so that I can set them in the software because It is kind of cumbersome to set things via the Aquaero, even with the keyboard. But if making both connections provides some sort of backup, then I'll consider both connections.

Also, just to confirm. The standard 4 pin PWM extension cables are basically the same as the Aquabus cables, correct? Or does the Aquabus cables have different wiring schemes. I just want to make sure before I make the purchases and so I don't damage any equipment. Curious. Why they name the cables Aquabus instead of just 4 pin PWM extension cables?

Again, thanks...Al

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Methodical« (7. Dezember 2022, 02:06)

Mittwoch, 7. Dezember 2022, 04:25

Question...Is there any benefit of having a device connected to both the Aquaero and the MB, for instance 2 pumps? I really think I want to have the pumps just connected to the MB so that I can set them in the software because It is kind of cumbersome to set things via the Aquaero, even with the keyboard. But if making both connections provides some sort of backup, then I'll consider both connections.
No, having pumps controlled by both the MB and an aquaero would confuse them. One or the other.

Zitat

Also, just to confirm. The standard 4 pin PWM extension cables are basically the same as the Aquabus cables, correct? Or does the Aquabus cables have different wiring schemes. I just want to make sure before I make the purchases and so I don't damage any equipment. Curious. Why they name the cables Aquabus instead of just 4 pin PWM extension cables?
Yes, the aquabus cables are straight through pin-outs (1 to1, 2 to 2, 3 to 3, 4 to 4), the same as PWM extension cable.

Mittwoch, 7. Dezember 2022, 04:35

No, having pumps controlled by both the MB and an aquaero would confuse them. One or the other.

Zitat

Yes, the aquabus cables are straight through pin-outs (1 to1, 2 to 2, 3 to 3, 4 to 4), the same as PWM extension cable.

Great. I thought the wiring is as you stated, but just wanted to confirm. And, I will choose one or the other controller once I get things set up. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions.

Thanks...Al :thumbsup:

Software Sensors misssing in X.62

Samstag, 10. Dezember 2022, 05:40

Seb, upgraded from X.59 to new dotNet7 X.62 but there are no software sensors available. Is this a known issue w/ X.62 or is there an issue that OpenHardwareMonitor is on an older version of dotNet?
Thanks,
-R

RE: Software Sensors misssing in X.62

Samstag, 10. Dezember 2022, 18:10

Seb, upgraded from X.59 to new dotNet7 X.62 but there are no software sensors available. Is this a known issue w/ X.62 or is there an issue that OpenHardwareMonitor is on an older version of dotNet?
Thanks,
-R
I updated to X.62 and have no problems with missing software sensors. I don't know anything about OpenHardwareMonitor. I recall playing with it in the past but I use HWINFO and SIV for system monitoring. If you are not trying to import data from OpenHardwareMonitor, but just prefer using it, and it requires an earlier version of .NET, that could be causing a problem. There were some reports of earlier versions of .NET causing issues with the new versions of AQS that use .NET 7.0.

Leakshield XML files at C:\Program Data\aquasuite-data\log not being updated since X.61

Montag, 12. Dezember 2022, 02:50

I am currently running AQS X.62. I updated from X.59 to X.61 on November 30th. Yesterday I noticed that in the AQS Leakshield main tab, the chart at the bottom for Daily Pump Runtime has no historical data in it. It used to go back to the day I installed the LKS. I suspected that this data is written to an XML file at C:\Program Data\aquasuite-data\logs. There are 4 XML files in the \logs directory. The file names include the serial numbers of my devices so I have replaced those numbers with "x" in the list below.

highflow_next_xxxx-xxxx_waterquality.xml
leakshield_xxxxx-xxxxx_pump_duration.xml
leakshield_xxxxx-xxxxx_pump_revolutions.xml
leakshield_xxxxx-xxxxx_pump_volume.xml

I made copies of these files and looked at them in a browser. I noticed that the first dated entry in the High Flow water quality XML file is the date I installed the High Flow Next. It had today's date, and data from today at the bottom, so this file is being updated by AQS. In the 3 Leakshield XML files, the first dated entry was the day I installed the Leakshield, but these 3 files have not been updated since November 30th. That is the day I updated AQS from X.59 to X.61. I never installed X.60 because I decided to wait for a few days and watch for bug reports on the forum. By the time I decided to update, X.61 had been released so I went from X.59 to X.61. I mention this because it could be relevant. So it seems that since I updated to X.61, AQS is no longer writing data to the 3 Leakshield XML files. I suspect it also is not reading data from these files which is why the Daily Pump Runtime historical data is no longer being displayed n the chart at the bottom of the main Leakshield tab.

Has anyone else running AQS X.60+ noticed that the Daily Pump Runtime data in the main Leakshield tab is no longer displaying historical data? If you look at the files in C:\Program Data\aquasuite-data\logs, are the XML files there being updated by AQS? I made a separate post about this but no one responded (its the weekend). I decided to post about this issue here because I think this may be an AQS version X.6x /.NET7.0 related bug, I suspect that if I went back to X.59 my Daily Pump Runtime data would reappear and the 3 Leakshield XML files would start being updated again. I'm not sure if we can still go back but will try it if I don't get any responses here. Thanks in advance for any insights.

Mittwoch, 14. Dezember 2022, 15:45

This will be fixed in the next aquasuite Release today or tomorrow. It's a known bug and also related to other history data like LEAKSHIELD daily pump time. The data will be displayed with the next aquasuite version, no data is lost.

Mittwoch, 14. Dezember 2022, 19:03

This will be fixed in the next aquasuite Release today or tomorrow. It's a known bug and also related to other history data like LEAKSHIELD daily pump time. The data will be displayed with the next aquasuite version, no data is lost.
THANK YOU!! I was beginning to think this was a problem specific to my system since no one else reported that their Pump Daily Runtime chart historical data disappeared after updating to AQS to version X.60 or later. I will install X.64 and report back.

UPDATE - I installed X.64 and my Daily Pump Runtime chart is now populated with historical data. Thank you for fixing this :) . Can you provide some info about the new Sate Mode for background service? What exactly does this new feature do and how/where do we access it? I don't see any new settings in the Aquasuite tabs. Is this related to the Maintenance Mode added in X.43?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (14. Dezember 2022, 19:21)

Remayz

Mittwoch, 14. Dezember 2022, 19:06

i've been checking CPU usage since the rework of X.60 and it's just ridiculous.
Most of the time the task manager just doesn't register any CPU usage for the service, and the app when Aquasuite is minimized, and it's super low when watching the dashboard.
It wasn't horrible before already, so yea.. honestly, thank you for putting the work to rewrite a lot of the software and caring about leaving as much resources as possible to your customers. I wish the bigger companies did the same :)

Donnerstag, 15. Dezember 2022, 13:02

Zitat

Can you provide some info about the new Sate Mode for background service

In Safe Mode, hardware monitoring, Playground and audio/video analysis are disabled.

This can be done manually from the aquasuite when the service is not running or automatically.
Automatically this is done when the service crashes 2x in a row directly after the start. Then the Save Mode is activated automatically the 3rd time.

Freitag, 16. Dezember 2022, 04:39

The gauge display does not appear to comply with decimal specification (gauge_decimals.jpg)

Freitag, 16. Dezember 2022, 07:18

The gauge display does not appear to comply with decimal specification
this is correct, it displays max 2 decimal places when needed