• 16.04.2024, 11:19
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Using separate power supply with Aquaero 6

Montag, 1. Juli 2019, 09:18

I think that similar question was already asked here, in some form or another, however I believe it wasn't answered properly.
So, before building the new system, I'm going to make some tests with Aquaero 6. It will be connected to my laptop via USB and powered by external 12V power supply. So, we have two devices, connected via USB and powered by separate power supplies. This is pretty ordinary use case, e.g. I have a printer that is connected to PC via USB and have it's own power supply and everything works ok.

So what's the deal with Aquaero 6? I heard it has some problems (or doesn't work at all) when connected this way. As far as I know, when you are going to use two PSUs to power single PC, it's mandatory that you connect PSU grounds. Does Aquaero 6 have some problems with common ground? Is it N/C on USB header?

Dienstag, 9. Juli 2019, 02:58

So, guys, got any advice on powering Aquaero from separate PSU? Is it safe?

Dienstag, 9. Juli 2019, 03:34

I don't think it's so much a safety issue as a function issue.
If you want a definitive answer, shoot a query to support@aqua-computer.de.

Dienstag, 9. Juli 2019, 06:55

It is possible when you know what you have to do. otherwise dont do it.

Donnerstag, 11. Juli 2019, 20:07

Aquaero requires the 5V rail to work as well (from the MOLEX). A simple 12V power input won't work.

Donnerstag, 11. Juli 2019, 22:17

And the 5V from the Molex Connector and the 5V from the USB Connection is not seperated.

If you only use 12V on the Molex Connector, nothing should happen. But the Aquaero will not work.
If you get 5V from the Molex Connector and 5V from the USB Connector on different Power Supplies, bad things can happen.
You need to take appropriate actions to prevent your Hardware from getting destroyed.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hufeisen« (11. Juli 2019, 22:29)

Donnerstag, 18. Juli 2019, 19:20

Yeah, thanks, I forgot to mention that I will be using 5V DC-DC converter. But does Aquaero really needs 5V from USB? Assuming that all the grounds (USB, 5V, 12V) will be connected, can I just leave 5V USB wire N/C?