• 16.04.2024, 09:28
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

7thOmen

Old Aquabus low to flowmeter

Mittwoch, 17. Juli 2019, 20:29

Greetings.
I have older (Jan-2016 and Jan-2018 time of purchase) 6 LTs. I have been keeping up with Aquasuite through 2018 and I am curious as to when the old Aquabus low port was reconfigured. Was this done in firmware or a hardware change on newer Aquaeros? I have an upcoming need to run 2 flow meters on separate loops and I would like to know what my current Aquaeros are able to support. I am aware of the Shiny new LT, Quadro, PWM port 1 and high flow usb options but I am unsure if and where I need to invest based on the current Aquaeros I have.
For the curious, my intentions are to have 2 PWM ports each control a D5 and 1 PWM port for a fan array in each loop. As a result, PWM port 1 is not available for a second flow meter. I have ZERO interest in making a carnival out of my PC and have no need for more PWM ports so I find the Quadro to be overkill. I guess that leaves the high flow USB meter and maybe Aquabus, or that shiny new LT unless the old low ports on my LTs were changed when I wasn't looking.
I did try to source this info myself here on the forums, but all I could find was that the low was changed, but not specifically how or when.

Why 2 loops? For no other reason but that I can. :D
Thanks for any input!
Omen

Donnerstag, 18. Juli 2019, 13:39

The 'aquabus low' to 'flow' port change is done with a firmware update.
Installing the latest aquasuite will require a firmware update to the aquaero, which should then have the flow port in place of the aquabus low.
The aquasuite update may have a license cost associated with it, if all your existing hardware is outside their license range.

7thOmen

Donnerstag, 18. Juli 2019, 14:04

@InfoSeeker,
That's great, thanks!
You wouldn't happen to which firmware made the change? If I already have it, I can can avoid any potential Aquasuite upgrade issues. I don't mind upgrading, but I have been stung by a few of the bugs that have surfaced along the way.

Thanks!
Omen

Samstag, 20. Juli 2019, 13:56

Sorry, I do not KNOW... but I suspect aquasuite 2018 is updated to the low-to-flow change.
If you find the aquasuite 2018 thread that had the chang-log, you may find which version made the change.