• 16.04.2024, 20:43
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

DRF

Objective All In One ! Will this work ? [Schema included]

Donnerstag, 18. Juli 2019, 19:45

Hello there from France, i'm new to this forum and this is a pleasure to me as i'm finally finishing a project i started a while ago (with some pauses).
First, this is about a simple water loop over a dual system in a double TT X5 Core case.
I learned about AquaComputer products and determined what would interest me.

I would like to accomplish the connection of Riing Trio 14 Radiator Fans TT Premium Edition fans on the SPLITTY4.
Using watchound post as inspiration :
https://forum.aquacomputer.de/weitere-fo…gbpx-splitty-4/

• Does anyone know if the pattern is different from the TT Pure Plus concerning the 4 RGB pins ?

• If not, do you know how to find out with a multimeter ? Even an helpful link would be fine...

• Do you think there is any problem in the schema below ? (higher res as attachement)

Note : I'm not sure yet about Corsair ML120 PRO Fans, if i don't get them, i will just delete 2 SPLITTY4 and connect RGBpx on the RGBpx Quadro pin.

Thank's

Donnerstag, 18. Juli 2019, 23:03

RGBpx connection is in this thread (see attachments on the first two posts)
RGBpx wiring Diagram

DRF

Donnerstag, 18. Juli 2019, 23:52

Thank you for the reply
Actually i knew about the RGBpx pattern (from the link i posted), but i think i would have more people aware of the answer (the thermaltake side with 4 black wires with no code) on the TT forum.
Or maybe just find the wire with 5V... but how do i find the ground so ? I learned those at school but forgot almost everything.

I'll update as soon as i get it.

(I think about another problem if i don't know how much 5V power i do need for ML120 i might reach the 40W limit of the fabwerk 360)

EDIT : the answer was under my nose, under the sticker of the fan i can see the PCB with 5V DO DI .....

IMG_20190719_001404[1].jpg

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 6 mal editiert, zuletzt von »DRF« (19. Juli 2019, 11:33)

DRF

Freitag, 26. Juli 2019, 23:30

No one has an opinion?

Follow it there

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »DRF« (1. August 2019, 20:43)

Sonntag, 17. November 2019, 17:39

No one has an opinion?

Follow it there
Hi DRF!

i'm actually trying to do this with the Riing Trio like you already successfully did. But i did not get my test fan to light up. If i got you right: you rewired the pins from the fan to the RGBpx / Corsair pins on the Splitty, right? I noticed the 5V and GND pins on splitty are swapped at least on rev2. So i wired everything acording to that.
While a corsair fans lights up while plugged in the splitty, the Riing fan won't.
My setup is the following:
Farbwerk360 - splitty - Riing Trio.
I only connected the RGB Part.
Can you please provide some help? I'd appreciate a lot!

Cheers topas

DRF

Montag, 10. Februar 2020, 15:29

Hey topas, back 6 months ago i had not enough time to finalize the entire setup, so i plugged the air part and used it with no RGB. Now i'm updating this, i almost finished a full sleeving, and it brings me to the TT part..

To finish the work with the TT RGB. It did not work for me aswell 6 months ago but there is maybe a misunderstanding in the picture i took of the FAN PCB
Maybe the DO DI start at the 3rd Pin, i'm 99% sure not but im investigating today.

Where did you find this info about rev 2 please ?
Did you find a workaround ?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »DRF« (10. Februar 2020, 15:51)

DRF

Mittwoch, 12. Februar 2020, 18:31

Yes !!!
I got it finally working thanks god !

Here is the fruit of this work.

To anybody who wants to know, please keep in mind that this is kind of a "hack" and you must know what you are doing.

Apart from that : Enjoy !!!
»DRF« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • adressableled.png
  • TRIOSPLITY.png
»DRF« hat folgende Datei angehängt:
  • P1090246.JPG (271,98 kB - 240 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 25. März 2024, 10:48)

Donnerstag, 13. Februar 2020, 10:03

Hello!

May i ask you if this working fine for you? I calculated the current of your lightning setup. If i'm not wrong you draw around 10,4A current from the farbwerk360. But the farbwerk is specified with a max of 8A. Do you have changed anything or did it just work fine?

DRF

Mittwoch, 19. Februar 2020, 14:39

Hello!

May i ask you if this working fine for you? I calculated the current of your lightning setup. If i'm not wrong you draw around 10,4A current from the farbwerk360. But the farbwerk is specified with a max of 8A. Do you have changed anything or did it just work fine?

Hello
Yes it is, but i don't know how you calculated this since i didnt split 5V and 12V in my diagram for Corsair fans ?
However in my setup i have only the TT Trio + RGBpx 15 Led strips so it 's about ~7A for 210 leds.
And i dont think that the 4 led / Fan ML120 x 6 = 24 led would draw about 3 or 4A

The point is that i didnt realize that i need a USB connection to compute virtuals sensors in real time...
So i have to keep the system plugged if i want it to be autonomous because since it is a watercooling, i compute the DELTA between ambiant and the air output of my rad, and drive regulation with this...
This way no matter the T° in the room the system works the same.

It was a big work and im just finishing some details but the RGB part is quite fine and the project almost finished

Shojiro

Mittwoch, 30. September 2020, 05:19

Sorry this is quite the necro but I wanted to see if I could get more details on how you managed to configure this and how well it works. I am putting a list of everything together to convert my rig from the terrible thermaltake controllers/software to aquasuite and I am trying to make sure I have everything and understand all of the possible concerns using what you did as a guide.

Mittwoch, 30. September 2020, 16:36

Well, I was on the way of doing the same thing with TT Riing Plus fans through splitty4. But i havent yet got Riing Plus i planned.

To make it more clean and simple, my plan was to take out four RGB pins out of TT 9-pin connector and crimple them inside a Corsair-type Dupont 2,54 4-pin connectors (can be found on aliexpress or DIY electronics stores). Pins can be taken out carefully and re-crimpled in another connector, that was my plan.

Then leave four fan pins inside the 9-pin TT connector, that should be compatible with Splitty4's 4-pin fan outputs.
I already have these Dupont 2,54 connectors linked and a Splitty4 so they are definitely the ones you need.

Just as an idea, I cant show anything working cause I dont have TT Riing fans for the moment.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »k2viper« (30. September 2020, 16:39)

Shojiro

Mittwoch, 30. September 2020, 18:46

I just verified and at least on the TT side, the connector is pretty standard spacing that works with breadboard pins. I have a surplus of those from arduino/rasperry pi projects, so I was planning on just making my own connectors with standard breadboard pins, wire, shrink wrap, and M-F pins I have as well. From a glance at images I can find, it looks like the corsair side should be the same standard size/spacing so my plan should hopefully work.

The questions I had about the project were confirming how to connect the splitty4 RGB output to the farbwerk 360 properly (EDIT: I had been looking at the farbwerk aquabus version which only has the larger 3 pin RGB connections (or whatever they are called) instead of the farbwerk 360 that actually has the RGBpx connectors on it), as well as asking about the limitations mentioned in the farbwerk 360 page about only allowing 20 groups of LEDs to be configured. Since I have 7 Riing Trio fans, as well as a few other lights, with each Riing Trio fan being 3 zones that is already 21 groups not counting the other 3 or so groups I would want with my other lights. In DRF's original plan, it showed 6 Riing Trio fans along with a multitude of other RGB components so I was wondering how that 20 group limitation was dealt with if at all, or if there were any other issues encountered.

Edit 2: I just realized with the seven Riing Trio fans at the reported 5.133w per fan for the LEDs puts me at 36w alone, and that isn't even considering the other 36 LEDs I have which reportedly require 15.4w alone (which I somehow doubt). So thats not great. I would likely need to buy two farbwerk 360 instead of one, or I would need to buy a new multimeter and test all the components which will still likely need me to buy a second farbwerk 360. This upgrade to my PC is really not going well so far and it is just in the planning stages.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Shojiro« (30. September 2020, 23:33)

Donnerstag, 1. Oktober 2020, 19:15

If 20 LED controllers' limit is becoming the ceiling for Riings Trio, i mention their led groups could be merged together in aquasuite to ensure being inside the 20 controller limit.

Shojiro

Donnerstag, 1. Oktober 2020, 21:13

I mean it really seems like the biggest limit right now is the power draw requirements overall. The way to get around that is another farbwerk 360, but that would also mean buying a USB hub/splitter which is another cost on top of the additional farbwerk 360. It's just starting to get out of hand.

This all started because I wanted to get a temperature sensor that I could connect to my PC to control the fan speeds through software, but my motherboard doesn't have the port for it. So the only real solution is to get some sort of fan controller with a temperature sensor port on it, and thats how I found the aquacomputer products and software. I have been looking into it the past several days and it looks like some really solid software and hardware, it just might end up being too much to put into my current system. Its why I was hoping to get some info from DRF whose setup was at least vaguely similar to what I was trying to get to work.

Freitag, 2. Oktober 2020, 09:55

Any motherboard 9-pin USB internal port can handle two aquacomputer devices. Even my Maximus 9 Apex mobo with only 3 internal USB ports, handles four aquacomputer devices and still has a full spare port left.

Shojiro

Freitag, 2. Oktober 2020, 16:59

Yes, but currently my motherboard only has two 9-pin USB internal headers, one is used by the front case ports and the other is used by the TT Fan controllers. If I switch to aquacomputer stuff that frees up one 9-pin header for two devices, but if I have to buy two Farbwerks 360 and a Quadro then that is three devices.

One idea I just had was to maybe have one of the RGBpx outputs of a splitty sent directly to the RGBpx inputs of the Quadro, that would alleviate the power concerns and let me only have to buy and use one Farbwerk 360 and one Quadro. The question then is how much current can the Quadro handle on the RGBpx side as it only specifies how much current it can handle from Fans. Also the info on the Quadro says that you can only create four regions for the RGBpx connected to that.

Freitag, 2. Oktober 2020, 18:51

How many leds does your rgb fan setup will have? I believe the number of leds is the stronger limiter then leds current.

Shojiro

Freitag, 2. Oktober 2020, 20:03

With each Riing Trio having 30 LEDs plus the other LEDs from my other components (not including my motherboard ofc), it all totals to 246 LEDs

Freitag, 2. Oktober 2020, 20:46

I guess you're well in range of farbwerk360's capabilities, but will be limited by 20 controllers.

Shojiro

Freitag, 2. Oktober 2020, 22:50

Which may or may not be an issue based on how it works in aquasuite, as I would want anywhere from 17-24 groups depending on how I can set it up in aquasuite and how it works with the Riing Trio fans. Even aside from that, I would still be worried about the 40W limit on the Farbwerk 360. According to the reported specs here are the totals from Thermaltake on their specifications for how much wattage the components take, it is 15.4W for 3 fans (so 5.13̅3̅W per fan), and according to the specs, two other components have 12 LEDs each that each take 6.5W and one has 12 LEDs that takes 2.4W. This totals to 51.3̅3̅W which is well above the reported 40W limit on the Farbwerk 360.

If all of those wattages are correct (which sounds a little high to me, but I also don't have a functioning multimeter currently to double check), then perhaps the best thing would be to connect one of the Riing Trio fans LEDs + all the other LEDs into something like the RGBpx port of an Octo as that can have up to 6 groups which would be exactly the amount I would need, and it would reduce the number of groups needed on the farbwerk 360 to 18 which is below the 20 group limit. The question then is what is the Octo's RGBpx wattage specifications? I dont see anything on the product page that outlines the RGBpx wattage limits, just the fan wattage limits. For my purposes I would need it to be at least 20.53̅3̅W to support the reported wattages of the 1 fan + the other LEDs.

Edit: According to the manual for the Octo, it says it has a max of 6A on the 5V channel, so that would be 30W, more than enough for what I need. The question being is there any other usage of that 5V channel that might lower that limit? Is there anyone with more technical knowledge on it that can speak to it?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Shojiro« (2. Oktober 2020, 23:09)