• 16.04.2024, 21:57
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Samstag, 3. Oktober 2020, 01:30

Which may or may not be an issue based on how it works in aquasuite, as I would want anywhere from 17-24 groups depending on how I can set it up in aquasuite and how it works with the Riing Trio fans. Even aside from that, I would still be worried about the 40W limit on the Farbwerk 360. According to the reported specs here are the totals from Thermaltake on their specifications for how much wattage the components take, it is 15.4W for 3 fans (so 5.13̅3̅W per fan), and according to the specs, two other components have 12 LEDs each that each take 6.5W and one has 12 LEDs that takes 2.4W. This totals to 51.3̅3̅W which is well above the reported 40W limit on the Farbwerk 360.

If all of those wattages are correct (which sounds a little high to me, but I also don't have a functioning multimeter currently to double check), then perhaps the best thing would be to connect one of the Riing Trio fans LEDs + all the other LEDs into something like the RGBpx port of an Octo as that can have up to 6 groups which would be exactly the amount I would need, and it would reduce the number of groups needed on the farbwerk 360 to 18 which is below the 20 group limit. The question then is what is the Octo's RGBpx wattage specifications? I dont see anything on the product page that outlines the RGBpx wattage limits, just the fan wattage limits. For my purposes I would need it to be at least 20.53̅3̅W to support the reported wattages of the 1 fan + the other LEDs.

Edit: According to the manual for the Octo, it says it has a max of 6A on the 5V channel, so that would be 30W, more than enough for what I need. The question being is there any other usage of that 5V channel that might lower that limit? Is there anyone with more technical knowledge on it that can speak to it?

Saw this in the OCTO introduction post:

Also, Shoggy mentioned there is a new function coming that will consolidate all controllers from all devices into a single tab on the aquasuite (forget what he called it)... so maybe the number of controllers limit will disappear.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (3. Oktober 2020, 01:39)

Shojiro

Samstag, 3. Oktober 2020, 03:41

Yeah, I really think using an Octo instead of a Quadro would work well. After making it past all the other planning, the newest insurmountable issue has arisen. Octos are out of stock everywhere shipping to the US isn't $50+

Samstag, 3. Oktober 2020, 13:33

Also, Shoggy mentioned there is a new function coming that will consolidate all controllers from all devices into a single tab on the aquasuite (forget what he called it)... so maybe the number of controllers limit will disappear.
RGBpx Fusion is a software functionality, and controller limit is hardware based - so likely the limit remains.

Shojiro

Samstag, 3. Oktober 2020, 18:40

RGBpx Fusion is a software functionality, and controller limit is hardware based - so likely the limit remains.
After doing some searching last night on the forums, from the admin responses it does seem that the controller limits are hard limits on the hardware side. It should all work out of I use three Splitty4, one Farbwerk 360, and one Octo. Just gotta wait for it to be back in stock on the US distributor websites.