• 19.04.2024, 06:13
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

3-pin led strip on farbwerk

Mittwoch, 24. Juli 2019, 00:06

My VRM was running hot with the installed i9-9980XE processor, so I ordered a block to add in the loop for cooling.
The block comes with a 3-pin RGB LED strip, and I am wondering if I can drive it from one of the 4-pin ports from my farbwerk USB?

Mittwoch, 24. Juli 2019, 15:10

Can you post the manufacturer and model # for the block? Or a picture of the connector? Your Farbwerk USB is only meant for 4-pin (12v, Green, Red, Blue) non-addressable connections. If this block you ordered is the common 3pin (5v, Data, *blank*, Ground) addressable rgb, it's not going to work.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »TigerFire13« (24. Juli 2019, 15:13)

Mittwoch, 24. Juli 2019, 15:49

Thanks for reply.

The plug is as the second one you described, pin, pin, blank, pin (shown in installation guide)
Guess it will work on the motherboard, if I care to deal with it.

Water Block: Bitspower MOS For MSI X299M Gaming Pro Carbon
Motherboard: MSI X299M GAMING PRO CARBON AC

Edit: Looking at the motherboard manual, the RGB LED port is 12v, R, G, B.
Since the block is made for the board, I must assume it should work?
I will try it on the farbwerk, I would rather blow it up than the motherboard.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (24. Juli 2019, 16:18)

Mittwoch, 24. Juli 2019, 17:43

This is a very awkward situation.
While the Bitspower block is made for that board, the block has the newer 5v addressable leds, while the motherboard only has a 12v non-addressable header.

Do not attempt to connect the 5v RGB connector of the block to either 12v header of the board or the farbwerk usb. This will most likely fry something if you try.

I would suggest a Quadro or Farbwerk 360 (both have RGBpx capability, which is 5v addressable), but this would require custom adapter cables that AquaComputer doesn't yet provide.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »TigerFire13« (24. Juli 2019, 17:46)

Mittwoch, 24. Juli 2019, 20:09

Understood. I think I will snip the cord on the LEDs.

Mittwoch, 24. Juli 2019, 20:37

In this case, maybe you could hit up Bitspower support? Ask them if they can send you a replacement led system that will actually work with the motherboard they made the block for?