• 19.04.2024, 13:20
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Loop rebuild - increase LED capacity of Quadro? (user error within)

Donnerstag, 1. August 2019, 10:41

Hi folks,
In the process of doing a long-overdue overhaul of my loop, and have made a stupid mistake in parts ordered that I'm hoping the brains trust can help me overcome
:pinch:

Current system is managed and controlled by a now rather elderly early-model Aquaero, which is well and truly on the way out - while it still mostly works, one row of 3-pin outputs is dead, the USB header on the Aquaero PCB has developed a fault and trips out whatever motherboard is connected to it, and the LCD display has multiple flickering segments. It gave me about a decade of solid service though, so not complaining, and an looking to replace with a new AquaComputer controller due to the reliability and excellent software. New system will be built into a Corsair 500D Premium (non-RGB version), and will need to control PWM fans with only three temperature sensor inputs necessary, as well as managing lighting. As the 500D has no 5.25" bays, the Quadro seemed the perfect fit for my needs. While I'm not a fan of RGB gamer bling, I do like some neutral white illumination, and hence I have also ordered a number of LED strips to connect to the Quadro. As the 500D uses smoked glass side panels and all reviews I've seen have mentioned that this significantly cuts down internal light and visibility, I decided to go hard on the LED strips, reasoning more was better than less and I could always dim them down, so ordered 7x 27cm by 30 LED strips to stretch the whole way around the inside of the case window.

Unfortunately, not realising the AC pages now have English-language versions since the last time I placed an order many years ago, I have been relying on Google Translate from the German, and hence missed that the Quadro has a maximum addressable limit of 60 LEDs. I'm more than three times over that limit, at 210 total from the seven strips.

My first thought was that the RGBpx Splitty4 may solve this problem. However, upon further reading, it seems that this is only really an adapter for other brand LED strips, and doesn't actually 'split' (ie multiply) the addressable potential LEDs from the Quadro. I've not kept up with new AC product launches, but the 'farbwerk' line doesn't seem to be compatible with the RGBpx LEDs that I've ordered, and doesn't seem to be able to be connected (and managed) by the Quadro.

Is anyone able to suggest a (hopefully) elegant solution to overcome these difficulties I've created for myself at (hopefully) minimal cost? As I'm in Australia, shipping costs and shipping times are, while not a deal-breaker, certainly a relevant consideration.

Any input much appreciated!

Donnerstag, 1. August 2019, 13:58

Your cleanest solution will be the farbwerk 360- Don't forget the cables.

The farbwerk 360, with 6 or so cables (≈US$67) plus FedEx (US$32) at Performance PCs shipped to Australia, not cheap, but...

Freitag, 2. August 2019, 10:28

Thanks for the suggestion :)

From looking into that controller, it seems to have the necessary LED capacity. From the specs I can see, though, it doesn't seem to have any way to connect to the Quadro, and would need to be set up and run independently?

That's not such a deal breaker, but I was hoping to have the potential to change lighting patterns to reflect water temp. The farbwerk 360 has temp sensor inputs, but I'm going to need to have the temp sensors in the loop connected to the Quadro to manage fan speeds instead which is a higher priority. Is there some way to connect the two devices to share data? Or, alternatively, is there some way to split the data input from the sensors between two devices? As some of the tubing connections I'll need to make inside the case will be a little tight, I'm not sure I'll have the space to install two in-line sensors one after another (plus this will look quite clunky).

Freitag, 2. August 2019, 12:55

I have a farbwerk, not the 360, but I believe the function is similar, so this is what I did.

I keep all my aquacomputer devices with a USB port tied to a USB connection, generally using a USB hub.
I do this so I don't have to dig into the bowels if a firmware update is required in the future.
This allows me to assign a software sensor on my farbwerk from a temp sensor on my QUADRO, which would address your problem (see clip below).

As for costs, your cheapest option actually is to buy the farbwerk 360 direct from aquacomputer with the 5 EUR envelope shipping option, if you have the time, and if you can source the required Pico Blade cables locally in Australia. If you buy the farbwerk 360 and 6 or 7 cables from aquacomputer in one purchase, you will probably be over the envelope limits.
»InfoSeeker« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • clip01.png

Freitag, 2. August 2019, 13:09

...This allows me to assign a software sensor on my farbwerk from a temp sensor on my QUADRO, which would address your problem (see clip below).
A very elegant solution - I see the Aquasuite software has changed dramatically (and for the better) since last I installed it.

Thanks heaps for your in-depth answers and help with this, much appreciated :)