• 23.04.2024, 19:03
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

formal

Aquaero 6 GPU temp monitoring

Montag, 2. September 2019, 10:04

Hi, what is the best way to setup fan curves to the GPU temp, also thoughts on where best to install inline temp G1/4 sensor to measure coolant temp, base of reservoir?

Montag, 2. September 2019, 21:35

As the saying goes, there is more than one way to skin a cat.
I can outline what I currently use, maybe others will list their method, and you can select what you think will work best for you.

I have a single loop cooling both the CPU & GPUs
I use an aquasuite "Set Point Controller" set at 4°C to drive the Radiator fans

I use an aquasuite Virtual Sensor with the Delta between the Radiator Out Temp & Ambient Air Temp as the Set Point Controller Source

I have my fans set to 20% Minimum Hold, which is about 210 RPM, so when the controller is zero, the fans are 210 RMP. Less than 20% and the fans stop.
In idle mode the Coolant/Air Δt run in the 3°C range, which satisfies me.
Under load, the Δt may spike to 5°, but is quickly brought back to the specified 4°.

In the chart below I logged the PSU Power Out, vs. Coolant/Air Δt, vs. Fan RMP.
As the system load increases, the Coolant/Air Δt moves up, the fans ramp up, the coolant/Air Δt drops and after a bit an equilibrium is attained.

formal

Dienstag, 3. September 2019, 15:17

Hey Infoseeker, thank you for such a detailed response, so you just have an inline sensor measuring the coolant and the virtual sensor correct?

formal

Dienstag, 3. September 2019, 15:18

Oh and a tab sensor for the room ambient?

formal

Dienstag, 3. September 2019, 15:21

And sorry looking at your images are you using a fabwerk to show visual changes in coolant temp, that could be very handy in a discreet way

Dienstag, 3. September 2019, 18:09

Yes, I have an inline temperature sensor at the outlet port of the radiator.
And a tab sensor will work fine for the ambient, just be careful it is not near a heat sources (radiator) which could induce a bias.

The virtual sensor is an aquasuite Virtual sensor that I defined to show the Difference between the Coolant and Ambient temperatures, it is not an physical sensor.

I do have a farbwerk, but the RGB controller you see in the clip is for the aquaero RGB LED port.
I have an RGB LED in the reservoir that glows blue until the coolant/ambient Δt reaches 5°C, when it switches to red.

formal

Dienstag, 3. September 2019, 22:16

Thank you again, the RGB on the res is a great idea!

Thats all really helped!