• 16.04.2024, 23:47
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

New build with LL120s

Dienstag, 10. September 2019, 00:18

Hi everyone,

I am building a new liquid cooled computer computer and I would need some insight from the AquaComputer experts of this forum

I will have 12 Corsair LL120 as well as a Protium D5 Pump a high flow sensor and 4 temp points (3 air, 1 for the loop)

Looking into all the new goodies of AquaComputer I think that the way to go for this setup would be:

3*(4* LL120 —> 1* Splitty4) —> 1* Fabwerk 360 (for the RGB) —> PC (via USB) —> AquaSuite
3*(4* LL120 —> 1* Splitty4) —> 1* Quadro (for the power) —> PC (via USB) —> AquaSuite
4* Temp Sensors —> 1* Quadro
1* Protium D5 —> 1* Quadro
1* Flow Sensor —> 1* Quadro

Would that work?
Or would i need anyway an Aquaero 6 to tie everything into the AquaSuite ?

Thank you in advance for your help :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hellvetic« (10. September 2019, 00:22)

Dienstag, 10. September 2019, 16:21

That could all be controlled by the aquasuite.
The only option I am aware of you loose by not having an aquaero, is virtual sensors.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (12. September 2019, 01:24)

Mittwoch, 11. September 2019, 13:19

Thank you for your reply InfoSeeker

I thought Quadro still had 8 vSensor readings.
According to the Quadro page:
· Four temperature sensor inputs
· Eight further values can be transferred from the PC to the QUADRO using the aquasuite software
· Flow sensor input

Therefore i assumed it would cover my needs of CPU and GPU temps without the need of an Aquaero 6 as i am cramping up the case quite a bit already

Mittwoch, 11. September 2019, 14:45

Hellvetic,

The Quadro will indeed allow you to use 8 software sensors (cpu temp, etc) shared by Aquasuite software.
Virtual sensors are different. The common example I can think of is calculating the difference between an ambient air temp sensor and a water temp sensor, to produce a delta value, that appears as a single sensor. This is usually a better way to control the radiator fans.

Mittwoch, 11. September 2019, 22:11

Ah haaaaaa!

Thank you very much for the clarification TigerFire13!
I thought it was a given that you could have deltas... i was sure it was just a feature of AquaSuite and therefore not related to the HW

But then, considering it’s a water cooled build (3* 360) it makes sense to have the virtual sensors as it’s the magic sauce to optimise the system...
Therefore i guess the setup would be the same as in the original post but with an aquaero instead of the Quadro (a bit unfortunate as i will have to rethink some wiring)

Thank you a huge lot for your help :)

Donnerstag, 12. September 2019, 01:16

as i am cramping up the case quite a bit already
the setup would be the same as in the original post but with an aquaero instead of the Quadro

If you go with an aquaero 6 LT you can mount it on a bulkhead in the back/basement somewhere, and won't need a 5¼" bay.

Edit: You may need to do some homework regarding the compatibility between the Protium D5 & aquaero PWM specifications.
The aquaero follows the Intel specs strictly, and you may need to implement a minor modification if the pump is not fully Intel PWM compliant.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (12. September 2019, 01:25)

Donnerstag, 12. September 2019, 08:21

Thanks for the tip InfoSeeker!

I assumed that It was per default a fully compliant PWM pump as Singularity Computers use all the time that combination

I won’t have any bays so I am rather forced on the LT
I will have to re-route some tubes then to make space :)

Cheers