• 17.04.2024, 01:15
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aquacomputer QUADRO Fan Controller

Dienstag, 5. November 2019, 14:25

Would the Aquacomputer QUADRO Fan Controller be a good choice for the CPU fans on my Asus Rampage VI extreme? I am considering this in combination with my Aquaero 6 LT to eliminate Asus' software controlling my CPU fans. Has anyone used this for this purpose? Thanks.
Asus Maximus Z790 Apex, Intel 13900KS, Asus 4090 Strix, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, Asus ROG XG349C, EKWB Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5 and VTX 160, Corsair AX1600i, Asus Claymore 2, Asus ROG Gladius III, Samsung 990

Dienstag, 5. November 2019, 14:49

If you need more fan ports than the 4 you have on the aquaero, the quadro will give you 4 more.
Just use the quadro as a stand-alone unit and connect by USB only, do not connect to the aquaero with aquabus, or you will loose 4 fan controllers.
Then manage the fans on the quadro under the aquasuite/quadro tab.

Dienstag, 5. November 2019, 17:06

If you need more fan ports than the 4 you have on the aquaero, the quadro will give you 4 more.
Just use the quadro as a stand-alone unit and connect by USB only, do not connect to the aquaero with aquabus, or you will loose 4 fan controllers.

Thanks. Have you used the Quadro for this purpose? Does it work well? I think there's a cable I can connect to the CPU Fan header on the motherboard to the aquaero to make the motherboard think there's a fan present. Is this correct? Thanks for the help.
BTW-How many fans can I connect to the fan headers on my aquaero? I currently have 5 case fans spread between 2 headers with the other 2 headers occupied by fans for the video card and combo res/pump PWM. I can't figure out how to connect the aquaero to do a fan profile without the CPU temp readings on the MB to be able to use the aquaero for this purpose.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hopper64« (5. November 2019, 17:45)

Asus Maximus Z790 Apex, Intel 13900KS, Asus 4090 Strix, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, Asus ROG XG349C, EKWB Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5 and VTX 160, Corsair AX1600i, Asus Claymore 2, Asus ROG Gladius III, Samsung 990

Dienstag, 5. November 2019, 18:15

I have a quadro and it works well for me, though slightly differently applied than your application.

My processors are water-cooled using an external radiator under control of an aquaero.
I use the quadro to control the case fans and some RGBpx LEDs... operationally, fan wise, it is identical to the aquaero.

The aquaero RPM port generates a synthetic RPM signal that can be sent to the mobo CPU fan header.
ae6_rpm.jpg

The fan limit per channel depends on their current draw.
Maximum current is 2.5 A per output channel, independent of output voltage, resulting in a maximum power of 30 W at 12 V per channel.

I do not follow what you are trying to do here:
"I can't figure out how to connect the aquaero to do a fan profile without the CPU temp readings on the MB to be able to use the aquaero for this purpose. "

Dienstag, 5. November 2019, 19:37

I have a quadro and it works well for me, though slightly differently applied than your application.

My processors are water-cooled using an external radiator under control of an aquaero.
I use the quadro to control the case fans and some RGBpx LEDs... operationally, fan wise, it is identical to the aquaero.

The aquaero RPM port generates a synthetic RPM signal that can be sent to the mobo CPU fan header.
[attach]7052[/attach]

The fan limit per channel depends on their current draw.
Maximum current is 2.5 A per output channel, independent of output voltage, resulting in a maximum power of 30 W at 12 V per channel.

I do not follow what you are trying to do here:
"I can't figure out how to connect the aquaero to do a fan profile without the CPU temp readings on the MB to be able to use the aquaero for this purpose. "
I am really weary of the issues I have had with software from Asus. I would like to use either the aquaero or the quadro to move 4 CPU fans off the motherboard. I have them connected currently to the CPU and CPU opt fan headers on the motherboard now.
The question is how to have the CPU temp signal from the motherboard transferred to the quadro or aquaero so that a fan curve can be generated. I'm unclear on how this would work. That's basically what I am trying to do here. My aquaero is currently totally occupied with 5 case fans, fans for a video card, and PWM signal for my EK Pump/res. That's why I'm thinking of the quadro for the CPU fans only.
How do I reliably get the motherboard CPU temp signal to the secondary device to make a fan curve to cool my CPU?
That's the basic question. Sorry I didn't explain things very well. Appreciate your patience. :)

Dienstag, 5. November 2019, 20:33

When you windows is running you can forward via USB your cpu Temperature to the quadro device.
With a installed aquasuite software the background sevice forward your temperatures to the device, otherwise you can stick a thermal probe on your air cooler and use this temperature as base.

Dienstag, 5. November 2019, 20:43

How do you forward the cpu temp to the quadro? Is there a set speed that can be applied if out of windows? Thanks.
When you windows is running you can forward via USB your cpu Temperature to the quadro device.
With a installed aquasuite software the background sevice forward your temperatures to the device, otherwise you can stick a thermal probe on your air cooler and use this temperature as base.

Mittwoch, 6. November 2019, 02:16

How do you forward the cpu temp to the quadro? Is there a set speed that can be applied if out of windows? Thanks.

Easiest is to run HWiNFO

The example below is only valid if the USB connection is made without the aquabus connection.

In aquasuite, under the quadro/sensors tab, select a software sensor (8 in the example below) and click on the + icon
quadro_sensors.jpg

Then select Data from Aqua Computer Service/HWiNFO/and navigate down to the CPU temp sensor
quadro_sensor_add.jpg

It should look something like this
quadro_sensor_added.jpg

Then go to the aquasuite/fans tabs, select the fan port (1-4) you want to control with this sensor, and set it up
I used an existing fan controller for the screenshot, so the source shows Ambient/Case Δt (I guess quadro has same upper character issue as aquaero)
quadro_fan_controller.jpg

As to what happens without Windows, what I experience at system start, before all values are set, the quadro goes to 100% on the fans, and then falls back when actual values come into play.

Mittwoch, 6. November 2019, 09:28

Easiest is to run HWiNFO

The example below is only valid if the USB connection is made without the aquabus connection.

In aquasuite, under the quadro/sensors tab, select a software sensor (8 in the example below) and click on the + icon
[attach]7053[/attach]

Then select Data from Aqua Computer Service/HWiNFO/and navigate down to the CPU temp sensor
[attach]7054[/attach]

It should look something like this
[attach]7055[/attach]

Then go to the aquasuite/fans tabs, select the fan port (1-4) you want to control with this sensor, and set it up
I used an existing fan controller for the screenshot, so the source shows Ambient/Case Δt (I guess quadro has same upper character issue as aquaero)
[attach]7056[/attach]

As to what happens without Windows, what I experience at system start, before all values are set, the quadro goes to 100% on the fans, and then falls back when actual values come into play.

Thanks for the outline. That’s most helpful! Just ordered the quadro yesterday. Appreciate your kind help!

Freitag, 8. November 2019, 21:00

This seems to be working better than the AISuite 3 with the Asus motherboard. Thanks for all the help. I wish it would work outside windows, but the HWinfo program must be running. I had the change several settings if HWinfo so it would start on windows boot. I noticed my fan curve setting of -3 automatic keeps changing. Have I missed a setting on the Quadro/Fan setting menu? Thanks again!
»Hopper64« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • HWinfo.png
  • Quadro Setup for CPU Fans.png

Samstag, 9. November 2019, 04:51

What do you mean your controller curve keeps changing?

Samstag, 9. November 2019, 05:38

When I go back to the fan settings in quadro, the automatic fan setting curve has changed from -3 to 0. I don’t see where to apply my settings, if that’s what I’m missing.

Samstag, 9. November 2019, 07:23

The curve shape slider is only for inital settings, you curve is the same.
You dont need hwinfo in the most cases, the integrated hardware monitor has also the most sensor values.

In the most cases it make sense to use a progresive fan curve (+10) with a temperature range from > 40 .. max of your allowed controlling range.
And: enable hold minimum power, then your fan is always running.

Samstag, 9. November 2019, 10:59

Thanks, I’ll play with those settings and see what happens.

Sonntag, 10. November 2019, 15:22

You dont need hwinfo in the most cases, the integrated hardware monitor has also the most sensor values.

@Hopper64: apologies.
I use HWiNFO to gather a few additional oddball sensors, so I had turned the aquasuite services off to stop duplicate polling. I forgot this when I was looking under the quadro tab and thought perhaps the aquasuite service did not function for the quadro, and suggested HWiNFO. Glad Sebastian jumped in.

Sonntag, 10. November 2019, 21:01

I noticed that, but thanks for your detailed help. Much appreciated. :)

Mittwoch, 27. Mai 2020, 11:13

With Aquareo 5 LT, when Quadro is connected via Aquabus (high), I obtain
nice 4 additional PWM-capable fans under 'Aquaero'. Which I prefer
personally, as I do have all fans then under one 'controller' and not
split across 2 which should be he case when they are indepently hooked
up to host via USB.