• 18.04.2024, 14:59
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Hubby7

Sonntag, 24. November 2019, 15:23

Hey everyone,

I need to expend USB2 and first thing crossed my mind was to get hubby7, but before I order I need to know whether I can use
longer USB cable. Hubby comes with 25cm internal cable and that's going to be

short so I was thinking of using: https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=2573

I don't see a reason for not been able to but I would like to be sure.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (24. November 2019, 16:42)

Sonntag, 24. November 2019, 17:21

I use similar cable with mine and no real problems so far

Sonntag, 24. November 2019, 17:47

I don't see why not and if there's ever an issue, you could self power it so the signal doesn't weaken.

On mine, I've chained two HUBBY7s in close proximity of each other since I ran out of USB 2.0 headers so I powered the 2nd one, last in the chain to make sure everything gets some power and the signal stays healthy. No issues here after doing that.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »GTXJackBauer« (24. November 2019, 17:48)

Sonntag, 24. November 2019, 20:05

Thank you guys for the confirmation. I just got new internal multi card reader that needs to be connected to internal USB2 in which both are already occupied, so hubby will be very handy.
Thanks again

Montag, 25. November 2019, 06:33

No worries Dundys and great hearing from ya. :thumbup:

Samstag, 30. November 2019, 19:20

OK, I'm facing some issues, can you guys give a hand, Aquaero is not detected. I connected main USB cable from M/B to hubby 7 power USB, then from hubby I have USB cable going to aquaero and another USB cable to card reader, am I off here somewhere, it seem simple and should work

Samstag, 30. November 2019, 19:59

Alright, got it working :D cables on hubby where not correctly installed and jumper was set incorrectly, working great now. I will post just sneak preview of the workstation build I'm almost done, its purely on air, but..... well, I will let you be the judge, Its freakishly loaded 8o

Sonntag, 1. Dezember 2019, 01:08

Alright, got it working :D cables on hubby where not correctly installed and jumper was set incorrectly, working great now. I will post just sneak preview of the workstation build I'm almost done, its purely on air, but..... well, I will let you be the judge, Its freakishly loaded 8o

I was just going to say to make sure your connections are installed properly as they easily can be put together incorrectly by mistake. Glad you got it working now. :thumbsup:

Donnerstag, 5. Dezember 2019, 05:33

Can you see Hubby squeezed at the bottom of the first picture, It doesn't seem to bad but really, there is no room for anything else :D
This is 24/7 running workstation, no pampering 8o
»Dundys« hat folgende Dateien angehängt:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (5. Dezember 2019, 05:42)