• 16.04.2024, 23:13
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

New: OCTO - the compact 8 channel fan controller with 100W power

Mittwoch, 18. Dezember 2019, 13:41

OCTO - the compact 8 channel fan controller with 100W power

For more than a year, our compact QUADRO control system has been a complete success and has been a source of excitement. In combination with the constantly improved aquasuite software, it won comparative tests regularly and received the best ratings.

For us, however, this is no reason to sit back and relax. The desire for even more fan channels and lighting effects has reached us and prompted us to develop a new product.

We are proud to present Aqua Computer's most highly integrated fan controller to date: OCTO.

On a surface smaller than a credit card (76x48mm) the OCTO offers eight fan channels, two RGBpx channels for LEDs and in addition to the QUADRO a new signal connector. The LED channels have been expanded from 64 to 90 LEDs per channel. It is also possible to connect a flow sensor and four temperature sensors. In total, up to 19 cables can be connected in the maximum configuration!

The OCTO is connected to the mainboard via USB and configured using the aquasuite software. Like all our controllers, the OCTO works completely autonomously, software is not required for operation. Nevertheless, the aquasuite can interact with the OCTO via a service running in the background and, for example, transfer temperatures from the hardware monitoring of the mainboard to the OCTO.

All sensor data can be visualized individually in the aquasuite. The data can be displayed on a preconfigured overview page. It is also possible to create your own overview pages. All device settings as well as future updates can be easily managed with the aquasuite. Any number of devices can be used simultaneously - each with its own settings and monitoring.

This means you have all the options: Configure once and then run the OCTO completely autonomously or comfortably with many extended functions. Of course, the OCTO has access to the functions of the new aquasuite Playground. This means that previously unimaginable functions can be set up in just a few minutes and make OCTO an incredibly powerful tool.

Outstanding functions:
- 8 channel PWM fan control, 100W total power, active switch-off for the channels, current measurement, overcurrent protection
- 2 channel RGBpx LED control, up to 180 addressable LEDs can be controlled
- Signal output for connection to power switch or mainboard, configurable hardware alarms
- 4 analog temperature sensors can be connected
- aquabus integration for the aquaero 5/6

The housing is made of high-quality rubber with an anodized aluminum front panel. To mount OCTO the front panel can be removed to fix the controller with four screws. Afterwards the front panel is mounted back again. In addition, OCTO uses the common hole spacing of 2.5" SSDs. This allows attaching OCTO on the backside of a 2.5” SSD or in PC cases with a flat SSD mount.

Power
Up to 25 watts can be connected to each of the eight fan channels. The total power is limited to 100 watts only by the power supply cable. An overload protection for all channels prevents the fan electronics of the OCTO from being damaged or the power connection from being overloaded in the event of incorrect operation.

Each channel can be switched off completely if required. This is a special feature because PWM outputs normally have a permanent 12 Volt voltage. An optionally adjustable start boost starts the fans reliably. The start boost is executed until a speed is detected at the corresponding output.

Monitoring
Four analog temperature sensors and one flow sensor can be connected to OCTO. Up to 16 additional sensor values can be transferred from the computer to OCTO in the form of software sensors. For example, it is possible to control outputs according to the CPU or GPU temperature or to visualize the load using LED strips.

Control
Each fan channel can be configured individually. In addition to the manual setting of the output power, automatic control is also possible. A setpoint controller with temperature setting and a curve controller are available as modes. With the setpoint controller, the desired setpoint value is set and the fan is controlled appropriate. Experienced users can optionally adjust the PID controller settings individually. The curve controller in turn defines a power curve with temperature and power value of the fan via 16 freely adjustable points.

RGBpx
OCTO is equipped with the new RGBpx technology which allows setting each LED to one of 16.8 million possible colors using compatible LED strips or fans.

This allows smooth animations and breathtaking effects as well as the possibility to individually adjust the lighting to your requirements. So the workplace can truly shine in the right light.

OCTO provides two RGBpx connectors for up to 90 LEDs (up to six Aqua Computer RGBpx LED strips) each. Effects can be applied to the LED strips with twelve independent controllers.

Each of the twelve LED controllers provided by OCTO can be assigned to one of 23 effects. All effects offer additional settings. In addition to adjustments for the coloring, stepless controls also allow you to adjust the speed or intensity in a wider range.
Due to the high update rate, even slow transitions are displayed smoothly and without flickering.

Many effects can also be actively influenced by a data source. Thus, effects can be linked to any sensor values such as temperature or load.

Since the effects can be placed anywhere on the LED strips, most of them can also be combined: For example, LEDs 1 to 16 can have a continuous color change while LEDs 6 to 11 have a temperature-dependent color change from blue to red. This results in a temperature display that is flanked at the left and right by a color change effect.
The effects are processed similar to a video editing program. The uppermost LED controller is always visible and may cover the effects of the controller below and so on.

AMBIENTpx
AMBIENTpx immerses the environment in a dynamic lighting atmosphere. In the background, the current image content of the monitor is analyzed in real time and the color scene is reproduced on the LEDs. This results in an intensive experience during movies or games, as the image appears much larger than it actually is.

The analysis of the image content can be individually customized. Thus, the area to be analyzed can be set very narrow but also very wide. The settings also support multi-monitor setups and automatically adapt to the image format of movies. If both LED channels are used for AMBIENTpx, two monitors can be illuminated with AMBIENTpx. Up to 12 LED strips are available for the output.

OCTO as aquabus expansion device
In addition to its use as an autonomous USB fan controller, OCTO can also be used as an aquabus extension for an aquaero 5/6. In this configuration, OCTO's eight fan outputs are provided for the aquaero's control functions as well as the four temperature sensor connections and the flow sensor connection. The aquaero is extended by the OCTO to the maximum number of 12 fan channels.

The scope of delivery includes a temperature sensor (70 cm), the USB cable (100 cm) and a mounting kit.

The OCTO is available immediately, but initially only in limited quantities. The price is 54.90 Euro.

Mittwoch, 18. Dezember 2019, 14:34

Amazing! I might get one just because. 8o

Edit: Can you do curves and all the sensors and curves like you can with the Aquaero or is this just a 'super-sized' QUADRO? I remember hearing the QUADRO was limited to that.

Also, what happens when you connect multiple fans to a single header with no lead RPM output or do you need a modified splitter cable with only one RPM wire leading back to the header from a single fan?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »GTXJackBauer« (18. Dezember 2019, 17:08)

Mittwoch, 18. Dezember 2019, 15:25

Nice piece of gear... looks like you are making the aquaero redundant.

One question, if one connects the OCTO to an aquaero with the aquabus, what happens to the OCTO's Fan & RGBpx controllers?

Mittwoch, 18. Dezember 2019, 20:20

if one connects the OCTO to an aquaero with the aquabus, what happens to the OCTO's Fan & RGBpx controllers?
the aquaero controls all 8 fan channels. the 4 sensors + flow are forwarded to the aquaero via aquabus.
For RGBpx it makes no diffrence if you connect aquabus or not. The LEDs controlled from the OCTO device, not via aquabus.

Mittwoch, 18. Dezember 2019, 20:26

Edit: Can you do curves and all the sensors and curves like you can with the Aquaero or is this just a 'super-sized' QUADRO?
Every Fan Output has a own set of controllers, you can have 8 curve controllers/setpoint or manual controllers.
The same like 2x QUADRO in one.
Also, what happens when you connect multiple fans to a single header with no lead RPM output
ALL fan controllers have the same behavior.
You can conncet multiple fans via Y-Cables or Splitters up to the 25W total power per output:

https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3735
https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3830

https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3766

https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3420

but you have ONLY one speed signal from one fan. Everything else is not technically possible.

Mittwoch, 18. Dezember 2019, 21:29

Ok. so no real reason to aquabus it to an aquaero.

Next question: can I use an "aquabus cable 4 pins for OCTO" to connect an "aquabus X4" and input two or more "Calitemp digital temperature sensors"?

Mittwoch, 18. Dezember 2019, 22:48

Does OCTO comes with Quadro-like software or Aquaero-like software already?

Donnerstag, 19. Dezember 2019, 00:55

The aquasuite... it will have a tab in the aquasuite like the aquaero and the quadro, where you will find the controllers and sensor setup, etc.
There are several screen shot in the OP above.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (19. Dezember 2019, 01:34)

Donnerstag, 19. Dezember 2019, 04:51

How many can be connected to one Aquero?

I know Quadro's are limited to two per Aquero, is there is similar limit for this

Donnerstag, 19. Dezember 2019, 07:30

One OCTO can be connected via aquabus with an aquaero.
This extends the aquaero fan channel to 12. (This is the maxmimum).

Zitat

?? what is Quadro-like software or Aquaero-like software

The OCTO use the aquasuite in the same way as all out products. Screenshots are in the first post.

Zitat

can I use an "aquabus cable 4 pins for OCTO" to connect an "aquabus X4" and input two or more "Calitemp digital temperature sensors"?
you can use this cable: https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3487
to connect the OCTO with an aquaero 5/6

You mount the aquabus X4 Hub to the aquaero and you can connect 4 canlitemp sensors and one OCTO.

OCTO is only a aquabus slave device, the same as an QUADRO, mps, pump.
You need an aquaero 5/6 as aquabus master. (https://aquacomputer.de/downloads/aquaero5_aquabus.pdf) <-- OLD version

Donnerstag, 19. Dezember 2019, 09:54

?? what is Quadro-like software or Aquaero-like software

The OCTO use the aquasuite in the same way as all out products. Screenshots are in the first post.
from what i heard, With Quadro you cant create virtual sensors (if i want to control fans with 3 temperatures at once for example)

This is the list from Shoggy, advantages of Aquaero compared to Quadro. I want you to pay attention to highlighted text. So there are some software restrictions for quadro. Thats why im asking if OCTO is the same. Or am i missing something?

Zitat

- 30W per channel instead of 25W
- can also do voltage control on the fan channels
- 8 temperature sensor ports instead of 4
- 2 flow sensor ports instead of 1
- 2 additional 2-pin 12V PWM channels
- potential-free switch
- beeper
- speed signal output
- additional two-point controller
- much more advanced alarm settings/actions
- more fine tuning options for fan settings
- data logging to internal memory
- timer controlled actions

- can be extended with further stuff via aquabus

Donnerstag, 19. Dezember 2019, 10:20

With Quadro you cant create virtual sensors (if i want to control fans with 3 temperatures at once for example)
With the playground in the aquasuite X you can build your own virtual sensors like this:
https://forum.aquacomputer.de/images-ac/…_octo_09_en.png

and forward the sensors to the octo, this is working with all devices that support software sensors. (QUADRO, farbwerk, aquaero, ....)

The OCTO is a better QUADRO. More LEDs, Fans, Alarm ...

RE: New: OCTO - the compact 8 channel fan controller with 100W power

Donnerstag, 19. Dezember 2019, 14:34

More and more motherboards are only coming with one single USB 2.0 internal header. It would be fine if the Hubby 7 was guaranteed to work, however I have been affected by the AMD chipset bug in the past, which meant my Aquaero was not detected when used with an internal USB hub. Can anyone verify whether this has been fixed for AMD's newest TRX40 Threadripper generation motherboards, and that the OCTO is unaffected when used with a Hubby 7?

The motherboard that I may wish to use the OCTO with in future is the ASRock TRX40 Taichi, and it only appears to have a single internal USB 2.0 header.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Undesirable« (19. Dezember 2019, 14:38)

Donnerstag, 19. Dezember 2019, 17:15

Hi,
you can use adapters like this one to connect to USB3 headers: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00O0JGPK6/ref=…1_t3_B00B9L6VX4
Also Hubby7 should work with your board.

eaglenik

unregistriert

Sonntag, 22. Dezember 2019, 20:56

I was looking forward for a solution like this, but I have one question, my fans are mostly 3 pin and currently controlling their speed through motherboard with voltage control. Can this board control 3 pin fans via voltage ? Thank you for your answers

Montag, 23. Dezember 2019, 07:23

No, this controller can only control 4-Pin PWM Fans.
3 Pin non pwm fans can only switch on/off.

With the aquaero 5/6 or poweradjust 3 you can control you 3-Pin Fans.

Mittwoch, 8. Januar 2020, 16:08

is 12 fan channels an absolute limit to the aquaero? Can I have more than 12 fan channels in the aquaero? I currently have 3 aquaeros - 1 x master, 2 x slave, which gives me 12 fan channels. If I want more then would connecting OCTO give me 8 more channels or still there is a limit of 12? If the limit is 12 then if I use OCTO separately, not connecting it with aquabus, would I be able to control my fans much the same as with aquaero, in the same aquasuite app, but just in the different tab? Would this be the only difference?

Donnerstag, 9. Januar 2020, 00:27

is 12 fan channels an absolute limit to the aquaero? Can I have more than 12 fan channels in the aquaero? I currently have 3 aquaeros - 1 x master, 2 x slave, which gives me 12 fan channels. If I want more then would connecting OCTO give me 8 more channels or still there is a limit of 12? If the limit is 12 then if I use OCTO separately, not connecting it with aquabus, would I be able to control my fans much the same as with aquaero, in the same aquasuite app, but just in the different tab? Would this be the only difference?

Yes. with USB only, the OCTO has it's own tab in the aquasuite and you would have 8 fan ports with a controller curve for each port. Plus you have 16 Soft.Sensors to pull in sensor data from the aquaero or Windows Services. Shoggy has screenshots in the OP.

Donnerstag, 9. Januar 2020, 08:09

Yes. with USB only, the OCTO has it's own tab in the aquasuite and you would have 8 fan ports with a controller curve for each port. Plus you have 16 Soft.Sensors to pull in sensor data from the aquaero or Windows Services. Shoggy has screenshots in the OP.

Thanks! so no big deal with the 12 fan channels with aquaero then. Good news for me :)

Sonntag, 19. Januar 2020, 14:50

When you have a older version from the aquaero (6) (> 1 Year). (The newer versions have a big print on the PCB)
You need the Splitty Active to use this Fans.

Noctua doesn't follow the PWM specifications and as a result, the fans can't be controlled properly.
The fans dont have a interal Pull-Up Resistor to internal 3.3V Supply - this is not conform.

@aquacomputer: Does the OCTO have the non-compliant PWM fan "Pull-Up" function implementation as the Splitty Active?