• 16.04.2024, 06:20
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero - advice for a simple RGB solution

Dienstag, 7. Januar 2020, 21:07

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for your help, I have two small children so most of my PC building happens in a semi-conscious sleep-deprived state at the moment!

As someone with 'a little knowledge is dangerous' level of electronics know-how but a few water-cooled builds under my belt I am approaching one aspect of my new build with trepidation.

I've used aquacomputer pumps/reservoirs/radiators before and run off a few different fan controllers but decided it was time to up my game and integrate an Aquaero into this new build with flow and temp sensors to really improve my monitoring with Aquasuite. To really utilise it's capabilities I'd like to also to control a mix of radiator and case fans and their RGB functions.

The simple bit is the 5 x radiator fans that sit at the top of the case (3 over, 2 under in a push-pull) configuration and they have no fancy lighting.

The RGB gloss is to come from some Corsair LL RGB's ( 2 x 140mm and 1 x 120mm) and a set of LED strips and this is where your collective expertise can help.

What kit I need to connect the Corsair RGB fans and strips (RGBpx??) to the Aquaero and get full functionality? Is it a couple of splitty 4's (1 for the LED strips, 1 for the 3 x RGB fans) or do I need anything else? Can the Aquaero supply the power and RGB control through the splittys?

Many thanks again.

Spike M :) :) :)

Dienstag, 7. Januar 2020, 23:05

The Aquaero does not offer RGB Functions. (The RGB Connector on the Aquaero only supports a single LED)

To control the RGB Colors of the Fans, you need a Splitty4 and a Farbwerk 360

If the LED Strips are compatible with RGBpx, you can connect them to the Farbwerk 360 as well.
(you may need some connection cables... 10cm - 50cm)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hufeisen« (7. Januar 2020, 23:09)

Mittwoch, 8. Januar 2020, 10:42

Thanks Hufeisen. Exactly the straightforward answer I can use. Much appreciated.

Mittwoch, 8. Januar 2020, 14:25

A bit of caution on the SPLITTY4s with the Corsair LL RGB fans... there is an issue where the SPLITTY4 is not able to control the RGB LEDs on the fans.
I have been in communication with aquacomputer, and they are aware of the problem, but I have not had an update from them in several months.

Not great to hear

Samstag, 11. Januar 2020, 21:49

Hi Infoseeker,

It's very disappointing to hear that the Splitty 4's which make the specific claim that they work with the Corsair LL fans. I have just invested some significant money on this set-up and I'm waiting on delivery. But I appreciate the heads-up.

Does anyone else know if there's anything more definitive on this? I wonder if it's a case of what the fans are combined with on the board? I am connecting the split's to a Farbwerk 360 as proposed by Hufeisen and I will post the results once I get the right up and running.

Let's see what turns up on the forums or if there's any official reply before then.

Thanks Infoseeker again.

Sonntag, 12. Januar 2020, 15:22

Here is a link to a recent THREAD that ended up on the topic.

RGBoll...

Sonntag, 12. Januar 2020, 18:37

Thanks InfoSeeker for that link. Having read through the other post and with a potential set-up that's quite similar it's concerning.

I already have the Aquastream Ultimate + 6 Corsair LL fans (3 radiator. 3 case) + 2 non RGB fans.

On order: Aquaero 6 + 2 x Splitty 4's + Farbwerk 360 (plus a flow and temp sensor).

The order is currently sat in the out-tray at Aquacomputer waiting for the bank transfer to clear. Unless there is a quick and clear answer re the LLfans and Splitty 4/Fabwerk connections and compatibility issues I may have to cancel everything bar the AE6 and flow/temp sensors.

It could be back to cold cathode and some EL loops for me, and I wanted to jump on board the RGB-wagon ;-)

Spikadelia