• 18.04.2024, 15:32
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

MPS 400 Intermittent Flow Reading

Montag, 13. Januar 2020, 07:53

I just rearranged my loop and have been tweaking settings and I've noticed my MPS 400 is not registering any flow most of the time. When it does, I'm getting around 95-105 L/hr. I have a Heatkiller D5 pump on full speed in a loop with CPU/2xGPU and 3 HWLabs GTX Rads. I used the MPS in the loop previously before I added a 3rd rad. So I'm thinking the issue may be my flow is too low with the added resistance. Is there any well to tell if I'm not just pushing the fluid fast enough for the MPS 400? (And need to drop down to a 200). Currently in the data quick view, I get a RAW & filtered pressure values of 247 and a RAW pressure offset of -248. So this seems to tell me it's reading something, but then the reading is offset by the offset. Is this RAW offset value something that I can change?

Montag, 13. Januar 2020, 08:44

I didn't have much luck with the MPS 400, I went online and found a bunch of peoples calibrations and got it dialed in pretty decently or so I thought. Also it does not read lower than 80 lhr and On my system just like a 2% PWM change in pump speed could be the difference of being below 80 lhr to being at 90 lhr.

I decided to purchase the "High Flow USB" version that uses the little wheel in it and was surprised that the MPS 400 was way off. The good thing about the High Flow USB version is it needs no correction tables and from testing a few places have done it is on par as accurate as some of the more expensive lab grade flow meters, Just put it in the system and go and it reads from 40-1500. Now the MPS 400 can be accurate but you would need to calibrate it properly so if you do not have the correct stuff to calibrate it with it's just a guessing game.

Now I know HWLabs radiators are pretty restrictive depending on which ones you have, Based on the fact that you have 3 restrictive blocks and 3 restrictive radiators then I would not be surprised that flow is actually low.

You cannot change the raw value, this is what the MPS is seeing and then that raw value is what is used to build a curve to give you a flow reading.

One other thing I really like with the High Flow USB meter is a more steady reading, on my system the MPS400 would bounce around 30-40 lph because of how sensitive it is.

Here you can see in my screenshot just how steady the High Flow meter is vs the MPS 400
First screenshot is the MPS 400 with a pump speed of 75%
Second screenshot is the High Flow USB with a pump speed of 75%
Big difference in the flow readings without having a properly calibrated MPS400 plus the high flow sensor is just more steady.
»sultan.of.swing« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • Untitled.png
  • 75Pump.png

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »sultan.of.swing« (13. Januar 2020, 08:48)

Montag, 13. Januar 2020, 19:40

I didn't have much luck with the MPS 400, I went online and found a bunch of peoples calibrations and got it dialed in pretty decently or so I thought. Also it does not read lower than 80 lhr and On my system just like a 2% PWM change in pump speed could be the difference of being below 80 lhr to being at 90 lhr.

I decided to purchase the "High Flow USB" version that uses the little wheel in it and was surprised that the MPS 400 was way off. The good thing about the High Flow USB version is it needs no correction tables and from testing a few places have done it is on par as accurate as some of the more expensive lab grade flow meters, Just put it in the system and go and it reads from 40-1500. Now the MPS 400 can be accurate but you would need to calibrate it properly so if you do not have the correct stuff to calibrate it with it's just a guessing game.

Now I know HWLabs radiators are pretty restrictive depending on which ones you have, Based on the fact that you have 3 restrictive blocks and 3 restrictive radiators then I would not be surprised that flow is actually low.

You cannot change the raw value, this is what the MPS is seeing and then that raw value is what is used to build a curve to give you a flow reading.

One other thing I really like with the High Flow USB meter is a more steady reading, on my system the MPS400 would bounce around 30-40 lph because of how sensitive it is.

Here you can see in my screenshot just how steady the High Flow meter is vs the MPS 400
First screenshot is the MPS 400 with a pump speed of 75%
Second screenshot is the High Flow USB with a pump speed of 75%
Big difference in the flow readings without having a properly calibrated MPS400 plus the high flow sensor is just more steady.
Thanks for the insight. I thought I would need to dial in the calibration, but wasn't even sure how to go about that without measuring it somewhere else in the system, I'll give a look at the high flow sensor, sound like it'll be a good solution. I had something similar from Barrow, but I was looking something that would integrate better into the Aquacomputer ecosystem, hence the MPS. Something to swap out during the next maintenance.