• 16.04.2024, 14:35
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Combining an Aquero 6XT with multiple Quadros to run a complex setup?

Mittwoch, 15. Januar 2020, 15:26

Hello everyone, please forgive the fact that I do not speak or write German...

I am in the process of assembling a new (large) gaming PC, and I would like to try and unusual and slightly complex configuration of Aquacomputer components. I have tried to draw out what I would like to do in the attached PDF document. Basically... I have a computer with the following components:-
1 x Asus RoG Rampage VI Extreme Omega Motherboard
1 x Intel Core i9 7920 (12 Core / 24 Thread) pre-Binned and guaranteed to 4.7GHz
Heatkiller IV Pro Pure Copper CPU Water Block

64Gb Team Group Xtreem "8Pack Edition" 4x16Gb RAM DDR4 PC4-28800C17 3600MHz RAM
2 x nVidia GeFORCE RTX 2080 Ti Water-Cooled GPUs
2 x 2Tb Samsung 970 Pro M.2 Drive SSDs

1 x Creative SoundBlaster ZxR PCIe High Performance Sound CardThe water cooling set up is:-
1. CPU Loop
-> 1 x AquaComputer DD5 Pump / 450ml Aqualis Base (Nano Coating) / Pump Base
-> Heatkiller CPU Water Block
-> EKWB CE560 Coolstream Radiator, fitted with 4xNoctua NF-P14 PWM fans
-> Aqualis 450ml reservoir...

2. GPU1 Loop
-> RTX 2080Ti waterblock
-> EKWB CE560 Coolstream Radiator, fitted with 4xNoctua NF-P14 PWM fans [Radiator 1]
-> EKWB CE560 Coolstream Radiator, fitted with 4xNoctua NF-P14 PWM fans [Radiator 2]
-> Aqualis 450ml reservoir...

3. GPU2 Loop

-> RTX 2080Ti waterblock
-> EKWB CE560 Coolstream Radiator, fitted with 4xNoctua NF-P14 PWM fans [Radiator 1]
-> EKWB CE560 Coolstream Radiator, fitted with 4xNoctua NF-P14 PWM fans [Radiator 2]-> Aqualis 450ml reservoir...

As my attached diagram shows,
Connection and Configuration of Aquacomputer Components, Version 2.pdf
I plan to put temperature sensors on the output port of each radiator.This is because, when the system is not running in SLI model, the 8 fans supporting GPU2 will not need to run fast, because that GPU will be idle...
Also, because for light load, even when running in SLI, the "second" radiator in each cooling circuit may not need to have fans running at full speed...

My questions are:-
1. With regard to the proposed connection of Aquabus units - i.e. running from Aquero to Splitty9 and then out to 3 x Quadro ... will this work?

2. If I set up the cables in this way, will I be able to control all 20 radiator fans? [I do not need to control them individually, I will have them as "fan groups" with 1 "group" per radiator...

3. Is this:-
https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3487
the right cable to use for the purple cable lengths in my diagram (e.g. Aquero to Splitty; Splitty to Quadro)?
4. Which cable should I use for Quadro to Pump? (I think it is the same cable as for Question 3 - just want to make sure)...

5. If I need to extend any of the cable lengths (this is a very large case) is it safer to use a pre-made extension cable, like this:-
https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3183
or is it safer to actually take an existing cable, cut it, then solder an extra piece of 4-core cable in to take it to the correct length? (I like the idea of a cut and solder extension, only because there are no extra plugs/connectors to come undone by accident...

Thank you in advance for any help and suggestions you can offer.

Any recommendations would be gratefully received.

Happy to provide further information and answer any questions you may have...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »sproggit« (15. Januar 2020, 15:27)

Mittwoch, 15. Januar 2020, 18:32

1. With regard to the proposed connection of Aquabus units - i.e. running from Aquero to Splitty9 and then out to 3 x Quadro ... will this work?
You can only connect 2 x Quadro to an Aquaero with Aquabus. The 3rd Quadro will not work on Aquabus.
Connecting the 3rd Quadro with USB instead of Aquabus does work.

Why do you need so many Quadros?
Each Quadro has 4 Fan channels, that can be controlled seperately.

Please check the Power Requirements of your Fans. Each Fan Port on the Quadro supports 25 Watts of Power.
8 Fans on a Splitty9 may be too much Power for a Quadro. (The Quadro has Over Current Protection, so it is safe (but it will turn off the Fans if too much Power is used)
Please consider using the Splitty9 Active Version. https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3830

You cant connect the D5 Next Pump to a Quadro.
You can only connect the D5 Next directly to the Aquabus Splitty. But this is limited to only 2 Pumps, the 3rd Pump has to be connected with USB.

Why dont you scrap your entire Plan and go for something easy like this?
Connections.jpg

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hufeisen« (15. Januar 2020, 19:18)

Torumbian

unregistriert

Mittwoch, 15. Januar 2020, 20:31

3x D5 Pumpen direkt An einen x4 anschliessen ( https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3775 ),

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Torumbian« (15. Januar 2020, 20:33)

Donnerstag, 16. Januar 2020, 01:45

Were this my system I would forgo the aquaero, and get the HUBBY7 hufeisen suggested, and 3 OCTOs in addition to the 3 D5 NEXT Pumps.

I would use 1 OCTO for each cooling loop fan set, and connect all 3 OCTO's and all 3 D5 NEXT pump's USB ports to the HUBBY7.
You will have 6 Tabs in the aquasuite with maximum individual control... and save money!

Samstag, 15. Februar 2020, 19:16

Thanks for the responses everyone...

I think I'm going to be able to achieve most of the plan by:-
1. Connecting just 2 of the pumps to the Aquero - the CPU loop pump I will connect directly to power and then use the on-pump speed controller to adjust the CPU circuit temperatures under load...

2. Connecting a Quadro to the Aquero via Aquabus... This will give me up to 4 x fan channels on the Aquero and up to 4 x fan channels on the Quadro...

Very much appreciate your thoughts and suggestions. Thank you.