• 16.04.2024, 11:28
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Questions about a new system I am planning

Donnerstag, 16. Januar 2020, 10:08

Hello, first time posting here but I have been using Aquacomputer products for a while now.

I'm currently in the process of planning out a new system and have a couple of questions regarding the Splitty4, Farbwerk 360 and the potential use of Corsairs QL120 fans. I understand that these are not listed on the "compatible fans" list and I'm guessing this is because they have 34 LEDs each which if multiplied by 4 would exceed the 90 LED limit on a single channel of the Farbwerk 360. So my question, could I limit the number of fans I use on a single Splitty4 to just two and be able to use these fans? Also, is the 90 LED limitation of single channel of the Farbwerk 360 power limited or data limited (ie, is the limitation there because the Farbwerk 360 cant supply enough power to drive more than 90 LEDs or because it can't supply enough data to control more than 90 LEDs)?

Thanks for any info provided!
Andy

Donnerstag, 16. Januar 2020, 10:22

you can only connect 2 of this fans to one channel.
--> 4 channels * 2 == 8 fans

Each channel is Limited to 90 LEDs. You cant change that and we dont change this limit. This limit has serveral reasons.

When you connect 3 or more fans, all leds above 90 are not controlable.

Donnerstag, 16. Januar 2020, 10:32

Zitat

you can only connect 2 of this fans to one channel. --> 4 channels * 2 == 8 fans

Thank you for confirming this for me!