• 16.04.2024, 06:27
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

D5 Next Specifications

Dienstag, 11. Februar 2020, 03:43

Hi,

How much current does D5 NEXT consume:
5V = ?A
12V = ?A

I need to know this because I'm building a non-PC water cooling rig for non-computer application and I need to select the right power supply (cannot use a computer power supply, it's too big and bulky and I don't need it for anything else).
I could not find this information in the manual, manual only states the rail voltage and combined power consumption 65W.

Thanks

Dienstag, 11. Februar 2020, 19:07

A D5 pump needs 25-30 Watts on 12V.
The electronic module needs <5 Watts on 5V.

The connected Fans can use up to 25 Watts on 12V
The connected LEDs uses some Power on 5V.

This is a total of 65 Watt of combined Power consumption.

And a Warning:
The USB Power rail and the SATA Power connector are not seperated!
If you use an external power supply for the pump, and connect the pump with USB to a Computer, it can damage the Computer and/or the Pump!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hufeisen« (11. Februar 2020, 19:30)

Dienstag, 11. Februar 2020, 20:41

Hufeisen thank you, good point about the USB power, computer and power supply could have different potential grounds thus resulting in overvoltage condition.

Looks like to be safe, a power supply should be:
12V @ 5A max = 60W max (25W for fans, 25W for pump, 10W overhead safety for PSU)
5V @ 1.5A max = 7.5W max (5W for electronics and LEDs, 2.5W PSU overhead)

Mittwoch, 12. Februar 2020, 07:37

12V @ 5A max = 60W max (25W for fans, 25W for pump, 10W overhead safety for PSU)
5V @ 1.5A max = 7.5W max (5W for electronics and LEDs, 2.5W PSU overhead)
When you use a industrial psu (Meanwell, TDK,.. ) this is OK.
But when you use any of the chinese PSU models, plan 100% as headroom.