• 19.04.2024, 02:18
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

How to connect D5 Next RGB to the Motherboard ?

Donnerstag, 13. Februar 2020, 11:41

Hi,
I'm wondering how to connect D5 Next RGB to my Motherboard

The cable came with the Pump is 5 pin, but i don't have this type of USB socket on my Asus z390 Formula
Do i need to buy aquaero controller?
I have two D5 next but even aquaero controller just have only one 5 pin USB socket or maybe I'm wrong

Thank you,

Donnerstag, 13. Februar 2020, 12:55

If THIS is your motherboard, then the ports numbered as 17 in the picture below are your USB 2.0 ports.
You can plug the D5 Next's USB connectors into any of the four rows of the two USB 2.0 ports.
It doesn't matter if it has 4 or 5 pins, the 5th pin on the one row is for cable shielding, which is not used in this case.
If you like, you can connect both pumps to one of the ports, leaving the second free.

Polarity is important... the black wiring on the D5 pump's connector should go to the end with the missing pin on the 4-pin row of the motherboard's socket.

usb_ports.jpg

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (13. Februar 2020, 12:56)

Donnerstag, 13. Februar 2020, 15:24

If THIS is your motherboard, then the ports numbered as 17 in the picture below are your USB 2.0 ports.
You can plug the D5 Next's USB connectors into any of the four rows of the two USB 2.0 ports.
It doesn't matter if it has 4 or 5 pins, the 5th pin on the one row is for cable shielding, which is not used in this case.
If you like, you can connect both pumps to one of the ports, leaving the second free.

Polarity is important... the black wiring on the D5 pump's connector should go to the end with the missing pin on the 4-pin row of the motherboard's socket.

[attach]7224[/attach]
When i connect pump to that usb 2 header i got this error and system won't boot up
"USB Device over current status detected"

Donnerstag, 13. Februar 2020, 16:16

Check your cabling? Correct polarity at mobo port & correct port at D5 NEXT.

d5_next.jpg

Donnerstag, 13. Februar 2020, 16:33

Check your cabling? Correct polarity at mobo port & correct port at D5 NEXT.

[attach]7227[/attach]

I don't know what is wrong, it's strange
For pump there is no way to connect wrong cable at all