• 16.04.2024, 20:41
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Maki911

How to connect MPS fill level sensors in the loop?

Sonntag, 16. Februar 2020, 16:58

Hi there, I've ordered MPS fill level sensor delta 500, and I was wondering how in the H to connect that in my loop. google didn't help and manual also huh.., forum search wasn't fruitful. Can somebody just tell me what fittings,connectors etc I need to buy and where to put it? Thanks in advance! :(

smud

Sonntag, 16. Februar 2020, 18:40

I had same question, got answer here Is it correct MPS Pressure connection scheme ? G1/4 fittings can be used

Maki911

Sonntag, 16. Februar 2020, 20:41

Sorry, I still don t get it, what are M5 threads and how to connect that to g 1/4? Honestly, can U just write me what parts do I need to buy? This is all too confusing

smud

Sonntag, 16. Februar 2020, 22:29

G1/4 fittings depends on your tube size i.e. for example 10/13mm. Most water cooling systems use 1/4 either 1/8 again depends what you use. This sensor has supported adapters x2 M3 (distance then 12 mm between HIGH and LOW) or x2 M5 (distance then 24mm). So you will need to buy these adapters to G1/4 or G1/8 fittings which you use in your loop if I am correct

smud

Sonntag, 16. Februar 2020, 22:32

I didn't care about that too much and just took from their shop reservoir with installed fill sensor, this sensor (as Sven told me) is same with sensor installed in their aqualias reservoirs

RE: How to connect MPS fill level sensors in the loop?

Sonntag, 16. Februar 2020, 23:00

Hi there, I've ordered MPS fill level sensor delta 500, and I was wondering how in the H to connect that in my loop. google didn't help and manual also huh.., forum search wasn't fruitful. Can somebody just tell me what fittings,connectors etc I need to buy and where to put it? Thanks in advance! :(

Unless you have a reservoir that is around 5 meters tall, you may want to see if you can exchange the MPS 500 for the 40 or maybe 100.
The MPS 40 is good for up to 400mm, and will give the best results for a water column in that range (400mm tall reservoir, or less).
If you reservoir is over 400mm, then the MPS 100 maybe what you need as it goes to 1 meter high.
Your resolution with the MPS 500 may be very coarse for shorter reservoirs.

Installation is the same for all:
  1. screw this FITTING into the lowest port on your reservoir
  2. screw this FITTING into the "high" Port of the MPS pressure sensor: mps_sensor.jpg
  3. run this TUBE between the two fittings above (1 to 2)
  4. leave the MPS port marked "low" open to atmosphere: mps_sensor.jpg
  5. screw this FITTING into the highest port on your reservoir

Maki911

Montag, 17. Februar 2020, 10:36

Thanks a lot! :) I cant exchange it, but I can buy another one and use this one for that other function. I was wondering, can I install that fitting for the lowest part of the reservoir to the side of the D5 top?
»Maki911« hat folgende Datei angehängt:

Montag, 17. Februar 2020, 15:04

I was wondering, can I install that fitting for the lowest part of the reservoir to the side of the D5 top?

Where does that port lead?
If it has a direct path to the bottom of the reservoir without influence from the pump's rotor, then I would think so.
But if it is an alternate discharge port, then no, because the output pressure of the pump would bias the pressure sensor and yield results not related to the water column's height.

Maki911

Montag, 17. Februar 2020, 19:24

Nope, pump is literally the bottom of this reservoir and that opening is at the side of D5 top...

Dienstag, 18. Februar 2020, 05:06

Which pump top/rez combo is that?

Maki911

Samstag, 22. Februar 2020, 23:49

Singularity Computer combo on D5 NEXT Pumps....

Sonntag, 23. Februar 2020, 05:45

If THIS is the pump, then looking at one of the images, it appears you have 3 inlet ports and one discharge port.
singularity_top.jpg (IN & OUT notations mine)

If this is what you have, then you could connect the pressure sensor high side to any of the 3 inlet G1/4 ports on the pump top with good results. If there is a bias from the fluid flowing past those ports into the center of the pump, it should be minimal and constant. I assume the important function of the sensor is to indicate change over time, not absolute accuracy.

Maki911

Sonntag, 23. Februar 2020, 18:08

Thanks! I didn't know that! :) If I'm going to connect two D5 next pumps with above mentioned top/res in serial config, do I need two of these sensors or one will be enough?

Sonntag, 23. Februar 2020, 19:03

My comment above assumed your return to be at the top of the reservoir.
Is this correct, or are you returning to the pump-top's IN on the first pump/rez in line?

Maki911

Sonntag, 23. Februar 2020, 19:35

You assumed right, my return will be on top of the res.

Sonntag, 23. Februar 2020, 20:34

I guess the second reservoir is for aesthetic purpose?

My methodology would have a level/pressure sensor only on the first pump/rez combo that has the return at the top.
If the purpose is to detect fluid loss due to a leak, I believe it would be the first rez to show a level drop.

Another reason I would place the sensor on the first pump, is to reduce the influence of impeller action.
The second pump top would have the first pump discharging directly into its pump top inlet, which may induce additional pressure on a sensor tied to those inlets.

Just rambling thoughts on my part.

Maki911

Sonntag, 23. Februar 2020, 20:48

Yeah, it's easier for me to connect two D5s with top/res combos than just to have one reservoir. Oh please ramble away, without your help, I wouldn't have a clue how to connect this sensors! 8)

Samstag, 2. Mai 2020, 00:28

May i ask one more question, if my reservoir only has ONE port on the top which for water in and i have no more port for Pressure equalisation membrane at the top of reservoir, what should i do it if i still want to setup MPS fill level sensors? Does the T fitting at the top of reservoir will work?

Thank you

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »chnh0453« (2. Mai 2020, 00:29)

Sonntag, 3. Mai 2020, 15:33

May i ask one more question, if my reservoir only has ONE port on the top which for water in and i have no more port for Pressure equalisation membrane at the top of reservoir, what should i do it if i still want to setup MPS fill level sensors? Does the T fitting at the top of reservoir will work?

Thank you

No, I don't believe a T fitting will work for two reasons:
1. the equalization membrane has to be in direct contact with the air in the reservoir, so it can allow air to pass between the reservoir and the outside air.
2. the membrane works by allowing air to pass through, but not fluid... if the membrane gets wet it essentially seals itself.

Perhaps your reservoir has a two port top option, or you can return the loop to the bottom?