• 16.04.2024, 22:15
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

PCIE bracket for external RGBpx connection

Mittwoch, 19. Februar 2020, 18:38

I have an Octo and also the RGBpx lighting set for monitors, however my case is under the desk where it can't be opened and the Octo is mounted internally.

The included cable needs to connect between the Octo and the LED strips, which needs to case to be opened. Is there any type of PCIE bracket available that I can connect in between ? So that it is possible to plue the Monitor led strips into the external side of the case.

ie. LEDS -> PCIE Bracket -> Octo RGBpx connector

Donnerstag, 20. Februar 2020, 13:58

I don't believe there is anything stock to be purchased.
The PicoBlade system does not appear to include bulkhead connectors.

The simplest solution may be to use the farbwerk nano (external) to drive your lighting set for monitors.

Donnerstag, 20. Februar 2020, 16:41

Thanks for the reply.

It's surprising others don't have issues with connecting their monitor or external lighting to deep inside the PC case. And as aqua computer has other decoupling products, I was hoping they had one for this, so I could use the Octo to drive the RGBpx.

That being said, I was also looking at the Nano external, and have one in my cart - waiting for a reply on this thread. It probably ends up similar cost to a custom PCIE bracket solution anyway.

Donnerstag, 20. Februar 2020, 19:19

Thanks for the idea :) We will produce a bracket very soon. I hope it will be availabe due March.

Freitag, 21. Februar 2020, 07:00

Ok, great to hear you are planning to release one now !

I'll check back in march so I can use my Octo for it, and have ordered a nano external to try in the short term.

Thx

Donnerstag, 9. April 2020, 16:56

Took finally 6 weeks, but now it's available :)

https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3897

hugemon

Sonntag, 12. April 2020, 09:17

I'd have used standard G1/4 passthrough bracket if I were the OP. (RGBpx cables are so small so it can fit through the G1/4 hole)

I'm surprised that AC actually made it into a neat little product. Awesome.

Sonntag, 12. April 2020, 20:47

but now it's available
Available or just in production? The shop says approximately 30 days ...