• 17.04.2024, 00:50
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

QUADRO 'fan fallback' issue - updated

Dienstag, 25. Februar 2020, 15:49

QUADRO 360 Firmware 1018:
ATTENTION: All current device settings and profiles become invalid with this update!

New: Number of controllable RGBpx LEDs increased from 64 to 90
New: Number of LED controllers increased from 4 to 8
New: Number of Software sensors increased from 8 to 16

New: Adjustable fall-back power for fan output (e.g. for missing sensor data at system startup)

My QUADRO does not appear to implement this function properly.
At system start the case fans still ramp up beyond the 'Fall Back' value assigned until the Computer Service launches, when they ramp down to the minimum hold value set.
My 'Fall Back' and 'Minimum Hold' values are both set to 20%, so I would expect no RPM decrease after the Computer Service launches... at worst case, an RPM increase if the Case/Ambient temp were sufficiently high.

fall_back_setting.jpg

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (25. Februar 2020, 16:32)

Mittwoch, 26. Februar 2020, 13:27

Everything works the way it should. If no valid source is available the fallback power is output.
Maybe the startboost is working. This outputs 100% if no rpm ist measured.

Freitag, 28. Februar 2020, 14:36

OK, it seems the fallback setting does reduce from full power.

Then my question is, are the 'Fallback power' (20%) and the 'Hold minimum power' (20%) different as to power provided to the fan?
There is definite RPM drop from system power up, to when Windows is fully loaded and the Computer service starts.

I do not believe it is the 'start boost', as I do not use 'Fast boot', and it may be 30 or so seconds for POST to finish and Windows and the 'Computer service' to load.

Samstag, 29. Februar 2020, 15:40

I believe I see what may be at issue here.

I set up my case-rear-fan on a curve with 'Minimum power' at 20%, and the fallback setting at 20% case_rear.jpg
Then I 'Copy' the case-rear-fan to case-frt-top & case-frt-btm case_frt_top.jpg case_frt_btm.jpg
When I remove the input sensor, the case-rear-fan functions as expected, but the two copied fans do NOT. copy_setting_fail.jpg

It appears the 'Copy' function does not carry over the new 'Fallback' functionality.

Dienstag, 3. März 2020, 07:01

Thanks. We will check this.

Dienstag, 3. März 2020, 16:38

Has been fixed in the new X.13 version available right now.