• 16.04.2024, 14:06
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

[Help] How to connect aquaero 6 to Fans and led

Mittwoch, 11. März 2020, 13:37

Hello,

I have just bought an aquaero but now i'm wondering on how to connect it to all my devices.
I need to connect and control separately the following group of devices:
  • 4x PWM fans for radiator #1
  • 4x PWM fans for radiator #2
  • 3x PWM fans for case (maybe these could be connected directly to the mother board)
  • PWM D5 PUMP #1
  • PWM D5 PUMP #2
  • 4 led strip rgbpx connected in series
  • at least 3 temp sensors
  • 2x Flow sensor high flow G1/4 for aquaero (i not sure to add them to the loops but for the moment i'll add them)

I was thinking to connect:
  • pump #1 and #2 to aquaero fan port #1 and #2
  • buy a quadro controller and connect it to the aquabus port of the aquaero
  • buy 2X splitty4 to connect the two groups of radiator fans. Then, connect splittyies to 2 port on the Quadro
  • There are 4 fan ports left (between aquaero and quadro) to potentially connect the case fans.
  • led strips connected on the Quadro rgbpx port
  • i would like to connect the flow sensors to the aquaero but there is only one port... so i don't know.
  • temp sensors to the aquaero.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks

Mittwoch, 11. März 2020, 15:11

Splitty4 for are just for RGB lighning, you can connect them to RGBpx ports. I think you need fan splitters or just Y-cables.
The two flow sensors and the quadro/octo with auqabus splitter cables, or using an Aquabus X4 module.

Everything else looks ok for me, as far as i know. ;)

RE: [Help] How to connect aquaero 6 to Fans and led

Mittwoch, 11. März 2020, 16:50

• buy 2X splitty4 to connect the two groups of radiator fans. Then, connect splittyies to 2 port on the Quadro
  • There are 4 fan ports left (between aquaero and quadro) to potentially connect the case fans.
  • i would like to connect the flow sensors to the aquaero but there is only one port... so i don't know.

• Pumps to fan ports 1 & 2 on the aquaero = OK
  • Quadro = OK (but do NOT use aquabus link - you loose controller curves)
  • 2X splitty4 for rad fans = OK (they are also fan splitter in addition to RGBpx control for fan LEDs)
  • OK
  • OK
  • the aquaero now has 2 flow sensor ports (aquaero_flow_ports.jpg), plus the quadro has a flow sensor port
  • OK
Edit: you may want to look at two quadros in place of one quadro & one aquaero.
Unless you have voltage controlled fans, you should not loose capability, and save some cash.

I would recommend the OCTO, but it has only one flow sensor port.
Hopefully aquacomputer will consider adding an option that allows to select between aquabus or flow sensor functionality for the current aquabus port.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (11. März 2020, 17:03)

RE: RE: [Help] How to connect aquaero 6 to Fans and led

Mittwoch, 11. März 2020, 19:10

• Pumps to fan ports 1 & 2 on the aquaero = OK
  • Quadro = OK (but do NOT use aquabus link - you loose controller curves)
  • 2X splitty4 for rad fans = OK (they are also fan splitter in addition to RGBpx control for fan LEDs)
  • OK
  • OK
  • the aquaero now has 2 flow sensor ports ([attach]7283[/attach]), plus the quadro has a flow sensor port
  • OK
Edit: you may want to look at two quadros in place of one quadro & one aquaero.
Unless you have voltage controlled fans, you should not loose capability, and save some cash.

I would recommend the OCTO, but it has only one flow sensor port.
Hopefully aquacomputer will consider adding an option that allows to select between aquabus or flow sensor functionality for the current aquabus port.
  • I'm relative new with aqua computer Hardware. So let me undestand, if i connect the quadro (or the octo) to the aquabus interface of the aquaero what can i do?
  • i know that using a Splitty4 to only control fans is a waste because i need only 1 rgbpx port, but it cost only a few euros more (€9 in total) compared to a simple fan splitter.
  • What aquaero model are you refeering? i have order this one from a store near my city.

OCTO seems a good choice to connect my rad fans (these). thanks

RE: RE: RE: [Help] How to connect aquaero 6 to Fans and led

Donnerstag, 12. März 2020, 03:46

• I'm relative new with aqua computer Hardware. So let me undestand, if i connect the quadro (or the octo) to the aquabus interface of the aquaero what can i do?
  • i know that using a Splitty4 to only control fans is a waste because i need only 1 rgbpx port, but it cost only a few euros more (€9 in total) compared to a simple fan splitter.
  • What aquaero model are you refeering? i have order this one from a store near my city.

OCTO seems a good choice to connect my rad fans (these). thanks
  • I have a quadro, but I do not use the aquabus connection to the aquaero.
    Using the aquabus, I believe the fan ports will simple move to the aquaearo tab, but the controllers do not, so you would loose 4 controllers for the fans.
    I am not sure what happens to the RGBpx port.
    But yes, an extra USB port would be needed
  • Indeed
  • All aquaeros have basically the same functionality. The only difference is cosmetic, display and manual data input.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (12. März 2020, 05:10)

Donnerstag, 12. März 2020, 06:29

with the Quadro connected to Aquabus you don't loose fan controller curves, they are just controlled via Aquaero instead. That's how mine works anyhow :)
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

Donnerstag, 12. März 2020, 12:26

with the Quadro connected to Aquabus you don't loose fan controller curves, they are just controlled via Aquaero instead. That's how mine works anyhow :)

True, I was not clear... you do not loose ALL controllers, but you do loose the four controllers the quadro would provide, leaving you with four controllers instead of eight.

I am curious, without the USB connection what is the status of the quadro's RGBpx port?

Freitag, 13. März 2020, 06:23

no idea, I don't have any RGBpx connected (doesn't interest me) and I leave my USB connected too, makes it easy to upgrade that way :)
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

Freitag, 13. März 2020, 10:54

True, I was not clear... you do not loose ALL controllers, but you do loose the four controllers the quadro would provide, leaving you with four controllers instead of eight.

I am curious, without the USB connection what is the status of the quadro's RGBpx port?

Note: the aquaero can manage only four curve controllers in total. Aquabus devices like the QUADRO will not extend this limit.

Unlike most of our competitors RGBpx is an autonomous function so it does not require an active USB connection. Effects etc. still work as configured. Effects that require data from the PC (AMBIENTpx, temperature values etc.) will not work of course.

caronen

RE : [Help] How to connect aquaero 6 to Fans and led

Freitag, 13. März 2020, 14:43

Hello,

I have just bought an aquaero but now i'm wondering on how to connect it to all my devices.
I need to connect and control separately the following group of devices:
  • 4x PWM fans for radiator #1
  • 4x PWM fans for radiator #2
  • 3x PWM fans for case (maybe these could be connected directly to the mother board)
  • PWM D5 PUMP #1
  • PWM D5 PUMP #2
  • 4 led strip rgbpx connected in series
  • at least 3 temp sensors
  • 2x Flow sensor high flow G1/4 for aquaero (i not sure to add them to the loops but for the moment i'll add them)

Any other suggestions?
Thanks

The way I see It, you need 13 fan connectors, this is not possible with one system over Aquabus as it is limited to 12 fans outputs.
This is, of course if you want to control all the fans and pumps independently.

I would rather purchase an OCTO instead of a QUADRO and two Splitty4s: the price will be quite the same, but the cabling much tidier. You seem to want to connect Your RGB strips to QUADRO anyway so not having Splitty4 RGBpx ports will not be important.

Then it is hard to advise anything without knowing the exact setup but I would rather hook up together two case fans to connect those to one Aquaero fan connector (using a classic splitter from Aquacomputer like 53248 but there are even cheaper ones out there) and then run all other fans and pumps independently.

For most watercooling builds case fans are not so important besides maybe the one taking care of VRM cooling, but again it is difficult to advise anything without details about your setup and your personal preferences (for example I don't personally like dual loops and would use all your gear to make one loop with dual pump and two radiators saving one flow meter in the process :).

As for Aquabus, it is also a matter of personal preference to some extent. Using this gives you an unique device with inputs/outputs from slave devices. This allows You to have a tidy cabling and use only one USB motherboard port - so basically what You get is an Aquaero with more ports (up to 12), more 10K temperature sensors (up to 16) and more flow sensors (up to 4 afaik). However, you lose control of any other functionality from slave devices - most notably RGBpx (it will work on an Aquabus connected QUADRO/OCTO but won't be able to use data from PC or aquaero to control it. Also, as for the controllers, You only have what is available from Aquaero (notably 4 curve controllers only).

USB connection necessitates one motherboard USB header per device. Each device is an independent entity, so all of its features are available. However, the device can exchange information (for example temperature or flow values) only when Aquacomputer Service is running (i.e. Windows is running).

For example, I use Aquabus because:

- it saves me one USB header and cabling is cleaner. Of course, an USB hub is an option but it is another device and another cables to add. Overall, I consider it to be a more elegant solution
- I use only one curve controller (out of 4 available) because I prefer PID control (called "setpoint" in Aquasuite) for controlling water temperature and other stuff. I would strongly recommend trying it instead of curve controllers that are for me a somewhat clumsy solution. We are used to it because motherboard's manufacturers include it (marketing it as a super advanced technique, LOL) but with an Aquaero and its siblings You can do better
- I use temperatures from 10K sensors mostly so i can run Aquaeros and stuff without OS loaded
- I’ve had some bad experiences with Aquacomputer Service (although it is better now - but a reputation is lost fast and regained slowly) and I prefer not to rely on it

These things can be equally important to You or not important at all, so it is up to You to decide.

In Your case I would say, if You want absolutely two independent loops (why do You want it exactly?) the monitoring/controlling could also be split between two independent devices, for example:

Aquaero : PUMP 1, RAD 1 (with one 1 to 2 splitter),
FLOW 1, temps from loop 1

OCTO : PUMP 2, RAD 2, CASE (with one 1 to 2 splitter),
FLOW 2, RGBpx, temps from loop 2

You see another advantage of Aquabus : if used, you have 12 fans to use as you please. Using USB you have 4 fans for one loop and 8 for the other. Again, it can be circumvented and may matter to You or not at all.

Luckily, it is easy to switch from Aquabus to USB so You can test both and choose what suits You best, just remember to purchase necessary cables as not all of them are included with devices.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »caronen« (13. März 2020, 14:51)

Samstag, 14. März 2020, 12:35

Zitat

if You want absolutely two independent loops (why do You want it exactly?)
Because of aesthetic reasons :D

My Case

One loop is for the GPU and the other for the CPU. I'm not interested in cooling RAMs and others motherboard components.

radiators are on the back:
  • 4x fans 140mm on the left for the GPU loop
  • 4x fans 140mm on the right for the CPU loop.

On the front there 2 fans (purple) to push air outside from the top. On the back the are 3x fans (yes i forgot to mention these) pushing air form rear panel and top panel. All of these could be controlled using one splitter.

Zitat

You only have what is available from Aquaero (notably 4 curve controllers only).
So, if i connect the OCTO to the Aquaero, i will see 4+8 PWM ports that i could control separately only from the Aquaero.
Aquaero doesn't have RGBpx capabilities so it can't see the led strip. However, i can statically configure them connecting the OCTO to the USB.
Am I right?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »elessard« (14. März 2020, 12:38)

caronen

Sonntag, 15. März 2020, 14:30

Zitat

if You want absolutely two independent loops (why do You want it exactly?)
Because of aesthetic reasons :D

My Case

One loop is for the GPU and the other for the CPU. I'm not interested in cooling RAMs and others motherboard components.

radiators are on the back:
  • 4x fans 140mm on the left for the GPU loop
  • 4x fans 140mm on the right for the CPU loop.

On the front there 2 fans (purple) to push air outside from the top. On the back the are 3x fans (yes i forgot to mention these) pushing air form rear panel and top panel. All of these could be controlled using one splitter.

Well in this hobby aesthetic reasons are as important as "scientific ones" so I will not object :) Especially in this case, two symetrical loops will look very nice.

I personally would control 8 radiator fans independently as well as both pumps. And then I would use the two remaining connectors to make two groups of case fans. But really, the only thing not to do, is grouping both pumps on one connector.

Zitat

Zitat

You only have what is available from Aquaero (notably 4 curve controllers only).
So, if i connect the OCTO to the Aquaero, i will see 4+8 PWM ports that i could control separately only from the Aquaero.
Aquaero doesn't have RGBpx capabilities so it can't see the led strip. However, i can statically configure them connecting the OCTO to the USB.
Am I right?

Yes, perfectly right. To be more precise, You would have 4 PWM/voltage connectors and 8 PWM only connectors avaible as Aquero ports (that is, Aquasuite software will display 12 continous fans without indicating whether they are from Aquaero or OCTO. You cannot neither change order of fans as they are displayed in Aquasuite.
As for RGBpx there is no possibility to control it via Aquabus and there will not be in near future. Aquacomputer are quite vague about this - so it is difficult to tell whether it is because of limited manpower or a technical impossibility.
In any case, buying the Aquabus cable for OCTO (53214) You will be able to test both setups (USB or Aquabus).

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »caronen« (15. März 2020, 16:22)