• 16.04.2024, 15:58
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Splitty 9 active PWM problem

Sonntag, 15. März 2020, 13:36

I have an quaeri 6 XT and to two of the fan outputs is an splitty 9 active connected.
1 splitty is connected to 7 pwm fans en the other to 4 pwm fans.
I have bought the active version because of the PWM signal amplification.

Now the problem is that is have to set the minimum power to 90% before the 7 fans even start spinning (and as you can iamgine that gives me little room for PWM control)
so comparing to the splitty with 4 fans, here the fans start spinning at a minimum power of 60%

So i went a little bit deeper and only connected 1 fan to splitty, everything worked fine as supposed to. After connecting a second fan i measered the PWM signel (average) and the signal dropped already lowering the speed of the fans
So this brings me to my question, could it be that the PWM amplifcation is not working on splitty active or could it be something else i am missing

(fans are set to be controlled with PWM)

(sry, my englisch is not the best)

i hope some people can give some advice.

Sonntag, 15. März 2020, 19:44

The most important info is missing: which fans do you use?

If your answer is Noctua or EKWB you can blame the fans for this problem.

Sonntag, 15. März 2020, 21:19

Ok, I am using noctuas industrial PPC 2000 PWM fans, i didn't know that there were problems using PWM whit fans of these brands.

Thanks for the response.

Sonntag, 15. März 2020, 21:47

Disappointed in the brevity of the reply. A short explanation would have been helpful.
Too often the consumer is bounced between manufacturers, being told 'it;s the other guys issue'.

The problem is exclusive to the splitty9 active?
I have a splitty9 (not active) driving nine Noctua A14 industrialPPC-2000 IP67 fans, on fan port 4 of an aquaero 6 XT with a curve controller.
I have 20% minimum power and no issues with PWM control.

Sonntag, 15. März 2020, 22:06

Disappointed in the brevity of the reply. A short explanation would have been helpful.
Too often the consumer is bounced between manufacturers, being told 'it;s the other guys issue'.

I have a splitty9 (not active) driving nine Noctua A14 industrialPPC-2000 IP67 fans, on fan port 4 of an aquaero 6 XT with a curve controller.

Ok, thanks, actually as i suspected.
I will try out another PWM splitter and see if the problem is solved.
20% minimum power is actually what i was aiming for, now i know it is possible and that fans are not the problem.

Thanks you very much, really appreciated!

Sonntag, 15. März 2020, 22:52

Noctua had the great idea to add some kind of protection circuit to newer revisions of fans which is causing this problem. We do not know what they did there in detail but we know it is causing the problem because it is also Noctua that confirmed that to one of our customers. Their solution was that they offered the customer fans from an older batch that do not suffer from this problem.

I guess your fans are from an older batch because otherwise you would have problems too.

There is no way for us to solve this - or at least not without raising new problems with regular working fans. We already sent out modified Splitty9 active boards for testing purposes to affected customers. Feedback so far is that it only partially helped but a normal operation with affected Noctua fans is still not possible. Noctua will have to fix this with a new revision and we know for sure that they are well aware of this problem.

Maki911

Mittwoch, 18. März 2020, 18:07

NZXT Aer rgb fans also are useless using active splitty9... Then what fans do you recommend to use ?

Jibby

Dienstag, 24. März 2020, 22:39

I have an assortment of brand new A12 and A14 industrialPPC-3000's and I am also having issues. I actually was able to get the fan curves working for the fans but it seems intermittent and changes with each reboot.

Based on what I have seen playing with the software, the output will drop voltage even though I have PWM selected and seems unreliable from day to day. I have attached a picture of the settings that I have that seem to be working fine right now. My issues are the PWM is inconsistent and I will see fluctuations in rpm speed, will not maintain a base rpm speed and jumps from about 2k to 3k rpm with no in between setting.
»Jibby« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • Fan_Curve.PNG
  • Fan_Settings.PNG

Mittwoch, 25. März 2020, 00:19

I have an assortment of brand new A12 and A14 industrialPPC-3000's and I am also having issues. I actually was able to get the fan curves working for the fans but it seems intermittent and changes with each reboot.

Based on what I have seen playing with the software, the output will drop voltage even though I have PWM selected and seems unreliable from day to day. I have attached a picture of the settings that I have that seem to be working fine right now. My issues are the PWM is inconsistent and I will see fluctuations in rpm speed, will not maintain a base rpm speed and jumps from about 2k to 3k rpm with no in between setting.

Did you seer Shoggy's post above?

Jibby

Mittwoch, 25. März 2020, 00:50

Did you seer Shoggy's post above?
I did but it's not really a solution. I am trying to progress tweaking the software to at least get a workable solution. Otherwise, I just bought aquaero hardware/software that is useless.

Mittwoch, 25. März 2020, 07:15

Noctua and EK Fans are NOT PWM conform.
If the speed of these fans cannot be controlled, you have to use others.

Mittwoch, 25. März 2020, 09:00

Otherwise, I just bought aquaero hardware/software that is useless.

No, you bought fans that are useless!

Our device is not the problem.

Jibby

Mittwoch, 25. März 2020, 17:24

Otherwise, I just bought aquaero hardware/software that is useless.

No, you bought fans that are useless!

Our device is not the problem.
Look, I am a EE and I would like to solve this problem rather than point fingers and repeat that the fans or aquaero stuff is useless. Can you help me figure out a solution? That is my preferred method but if that is not an option, I'd like a refund for the aquaero stuff.

I don't mind if I have to design a PCB interface myself but right now, I have hardware that cannot control my fans so I'm stuck otherwise.

Mittwoch, 25. März 2020, 18:33

Can you help me figure out a solution?
What exactly do you expect now?! The manufacturer told you, that your fans are off the specifications and therefore can't be controlled as you like. Instead you try to "force" a solution where nothing is.

And instead of calling for help here and try to get a refund on the aqua computer hardware, maybe you should go to your fan manufacturer and ask them to deliver a solution or fans wich are in the correct specifications. I think you are on the wrong side of there problem here. Bother the fans manufacturer for help ...

Mittwoch, 25. März 2020, 18:51

Noctu had the great idea to change the way fans are controlled.

You can compare the Noctua white paper with the Intel specs and you'll find that at the Intel spec the fan has to supply the control voltage, at Noctua it's the controller. You can not solve this without a controller that can kill fans that expect it the right way.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=…TCKnCqQZjbM8LXi

This is the same idea as if someone builds a car with a gas pedal without a spring and expects the driver to attach a spring to his leg instead. And it's exactly the same behavious - just at the electric circuit of this fan.

Jibby

Mittwoch, 25. März 2020, 19:25

Look, I just came here for facts and was met with rude words and hostility. I am waiting to hear back from Noctua but in the mean time, I wanted to see if there was a way to design a solution myself.

Instead of just explaining the exact issue, I was met with rude and hostile responses, coupled with condescending attitudes so now that I know how support reacts when I have an issue, I will be returning my entire aquaero setup.

Thanks

Mittwoch, 25. März 2020, 19:42

That's your decision - but you can not blame us for design issues we are not responsible.

Jibby

Mittwoch, 25. März 2020, 19:49

Perhaps there is a slight language barrier. I did not blame the hardware, I just asked for help coming up with a solution and explained what I was experiencing.

Is it possible to get help designing a solution for me to make/use? Noctua fans are extremely popular there is going to be a lot more people with problems.

*EDIT*

Is there a list of fans that do work with Aquaero 6 lt?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jibby« (25. März 2020, 20:06)

Jibby

Mittwoch, 25. März 2020, 20:18

Look, I just came here for facts and was met with rude words and hostility. I am waiting to hear back from Noctua but in the mean time, I wanted to see if there was a way to design a solution myself.

Instead of just explaining the exact issue, I was met with rude and hostile responses, coupled with condescending attitudes so now that I know how support reacts when I have an issue, I will be returning my entire aquaero setup.

Thanks
This is good. Thank you for supplying this information. What are the 4 wires coming off the fans 1-4 on the aquaero 6 lt? There should be +12V, GND and what are the other two wires?

*EDIT*

It sounds like I can just redesign my own splitty9 and add a +12V to 5.5V switching regulator and then a 5.5V to 5V LDO and this should solve the issue.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jibby« (25. März 2020, 20:34)

Mittwoch, 25. März 2020, 20:34

What are the 4 wires coming off the fans 1-4 on the aquaero 6 lt? There should be +12V, GND and what are the other two wires?
You ask for solutions and will "design an pcb" to solve the problem, but you don't even know the four connections of a pwm fan?! How will that end up then?! Hilarious.