• 16.04.2024, 20:46
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

hugemon

Mad fun with software sensor haha :) (+Some suggestions / request)

Mittwoch, 8. April 2020, 16:30

My experimental setting for maintaining Ryzen 3900X boost clock.
The output will be set to 45 when boost clock = 3900Mhz, below 45 if boost is higher, and above 45 if boost is lower.
(So the radiator can be sped up to maintain the PBO boost clock)

It does work but don't expect +100Mhz results. I can achieve 3950Mhz-ish if I set the target clock to 3950.

Request : Can you make average / maximum / minimum function with multiple inputs?
Getting max value from 12 core clocks is so messy right now :)

Donnerstag, 9. April 2020, 12:40

Can I ask why are you doing this?! I don't get the point of this "mess". ;)

hugemon

Sonntag, 12. April 2020, 09:14

Can I ask why are you doing this?! I don't get the point of this "mess". ;)
It has no point and that's the point. :P

I run Prime95 when I'm not using the PC so in order to maintain 3900+ boost clock it requires somewhat aggressive fan speed. (lower coolant temp.)
However, when I'm using my PC normally the PBO can usually achieves same clock speed with somewhat higher coolant temp. (= lower fan speed, quieter system...)

I could just make two profiles and switch between them or have fun with virtual sensors. One afternoon I chose to do the latter... :rolleyes:

phuzz

Donnerstag, 30. April 2020, 18:10

I ran into similar fun trying to get the highest single core utilisation, but at least I only had to do it for 16 threads ;)
Seconding the request for a single function that can take multiple inputs and output the maximum (or minimum etc.)

Freitag, 1. Mai 2020, 16:15

I ran into similar fun trying to get the highest single core utilisation, but at least I only had to do it for 16 threads ;)
Seconding the request for a single function that can take multiple inputs and output the maximum (or minimum etc.)

If you want the exercise in the Virtual Software Sensor, then sure, but if you just want the busiest core/thread, it can be had straight from HWiNFO.

max_thread_usage.jpg