• 24.04.2024, 20:45
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero 6 Pro rpm not working on fan channel no.1 but the fan is spinning

Donnerstag, 30. April 2020, 03:19

Hi everyone, first of all, let me explain my situation....
i installed my aquaero on this system a year ago, and everything went fine, no hickup, everything worked as it should. i setuped my aquaero so that it cooled my rads with a curve, based on the liquid temps, everything was going fine, the RPM was showing on my fans, on this specific header, there are 2x High RPM Gentle typhoons 4200 Rpm, with a Y-splitter, these fans are molex powered, no power input from the aquaero, only the PWM signal and RPM wire are connected to the aquaero, and as i said, they worked for a year upward with no problem whatsoever, the problems started only when i wanted to setup a set point curve on aquasuite, with the new version of aquasuite x17, i wanted to play with the new features, and read a little bit about DeltaT cooling and when i implemented this, i putted it on slower, and there were strange fluctuation on the power output of the controller going from 17% to 30% and keep going like this, i reverted to my water based curved, and when the fan got back to its 35% at 27c, the rpm dropped, and never came back, i read somewhere on this forum that there is a small component that might burn,made to protect the rpm input, and that you need to test i dont remeber witch pin with the power pin of the header with a multimeter, can the great Guru Shoggy light my lantern so i can see it more clearly, im pretty handy with a multimeter, got electrical and electronic proffessional background, so im not afraid of some 12 vdc :P and if i need to send it back for repair, how this gonna work with this pandemic shit..... im i better to wait for this to end ?, is my aquaero continue to degrade if i continue to use it, is another concern i have, if someone have the answer to some of these question, it would be very much appreciated !

Thanks
Matthieu

Donnerstag, 30. April 2020, 12:34

i just noticed that the RPM seems to come back sometime, for a split second, here a screenshot of my monitoring during a spike

Donnerstag, 30. April 2020, 12:53

connect for testing a other fan direct to the device without any y-cables or splitters.

Freitag, 1. Mai 2020, 08:09

just did that, the rpm came back for a while, but was all over the place, when the fan was spinnign at a constant rpm, and now, its stopped working again, these are gentle typhoon 1800 rpm, not my high ones, and there is only one fan connected right now, and these splitter, i want to specify, has only one tachometer wire, the other one that goes on the second fan is not connected, there is only the PWM signal that is being transmitted..... but as i said this point is moot, the header still not work correctly after a full power cycle, and a new different fan alone on its header....

Freitag, 1. Mai 2020, 09:53

I've not had any issues like your having but if the problem started after upgrading to X17 I'd try reinstalling Aquasuite just to take it out of the equation. I had a problem after installing X17, reinstall sorted it.
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

Samstag, 2. Mai 2020, 14:20

reinstalled x17,and did not change a thing, still no rpm most of the time, but to be fair, this as started when i change the controller mode, not the upgrade to x17, and this is a fresh windows install, so..... i tend more toward hardware fault.... the RPM signal come and goes, but is never accurate, seems more like an diode on the verge of dying, and im not a newbs in electronic troubleshooting.... i know for a fact, that there is a surge diode, designed to take overvoltage comming from the RPM wire, and convert it to themal energy, but termal energy= blown component..... if this specific piece is defect, no rpm signal goes inside the aquaero, to protect the internal components...... my little finger tell me so, and my little finger dont lie, when electronic diagnostic is involved...... i've well trained him to do so.....

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Warmaniac_209« (2. Mai 2020, 14:27)

Samstag, 2. Mai 2020, 14:24

This is the post im reffering when talking about the protection Diode, comming from the great Shoggy Itself

fan 3 not showing rpm yet still running

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Warmaniac_209« (2. Mai 2020, 14:26)

Donnerstag, 7. Mai 2020, 22:12

still no wisdom from the great minds here ?

Freitag, 8. Mai 2020, 09:49

Connect a different fan to test the fan output. when the output is working your fan is faulty.

Freitag, 8. Mai 2020, 12:11

After installing a new aquasuite please completly shut down your PC and switch off your PSU for 30 seconds.