• 16.04.2024, 19:41
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Next vs Next Vario?

Samstag, 16. Mai 2020, 16:08

Are there any reviews that include a look at CPU blocks with the Vario system?
I'd be interested to know more about it and how much of a difference it makes compared to the regular NEXT model...

RE: Next vs Next Vario?

Mittwoch, 20. Mai 2020, 15:51

I'd be interested to know more about it and how much of a difference it makes compared to the regular NEXT model...
That depends on your IHS.

The default - non-vario - coldplate curvature is based on the average curvature of commercial CPU IHS. The more yours deviates from the average, the more advantage you get.

My 8086k is lapped, so i get like 6-7c for some of the cores, this is about the maximum you can expect.

RE: RE: Next vs Next Vario?

Mittwoch, 20. Mai 2020, 19:28

That depends on your IHS.
The default - non-vario - coldplate curvature is based on the average curvature of commercial CPU IHS. The more yours deviates from the average, the more advantage you get.
My 8086k is lapped, so i get like 6-7c for some of the cores, this is about the maximum you can expect.

Well, I'm running a lapped J-batch 5960X at 4.6Ghz, so it does run hot and it's only cooled by a Supremacy MX, so I was definitely angling for a Cuplex Cryos (with Vision) of some kind. Maybe the PVD one.

I was just worried about diminishing returns - I'd heard only 2ºC was to be expected with the Vario, but if I could shave 7ºC then the extra fancy Vario might be worth it...

wpuser

Mittwoch, 20. Mai 2020, 20:48

There is a review in German available.

Cuplex Kryos Next im Test: Vario für Enthusiasten, Vision für Schausteller

They say, they only got 0.1 K better temperatures.

Donnerstag, 21. Mai 2020, 14:30

There is a review in German available.

Cuplex Kryos Next im Test: Vario für Enthusiasten, Vision für Schausteller

They say, they only got 0.1 K better temperatures.

Hmm... that's a worryingly small difference in performace, compared to what the few other sources I've seen suggest... So far it sounds like a complete lottery.

Any particular reason they measure it in Kelvin instead of Celsius?