• 23.04.2024, 10:39
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Next vs Next Vario?

Samstag, 16. Mai 2020, 16:08

Are there any reviews that include a look at CPU blocks with the Vario system?
I'd be interested to know more about it and how much of a difference it makes compared to the regular NEXT model...

RE: Next vs Next Vario?

Mittwoch, 20. Mai 2020, 15:51

I'd be interested to know more about it and how much of a difference it makes compared to the regular NEXT model...
That depends on your IHS.

The default - non-vario - coldplate curvature is based on the average curvature of commercial CPU IHS. The more yours deviates from the average, the more advantage you get.

My 8086k is lapped, so i get like 6-7c for some of the cores, this is about the maximum you can expect.

RE: RE: Next vs Next Vario?

Mittwoch, 20. Mai 2020, 19:28

That depends on your IHS.
The default - non-vario - coldplate curvature is based on the average curvature of commercial CPU IHS. The more yours deviates from the average, the more advantage you get.
My 8086k is lapped, so i get like 6-7c for some of the cores, this is about the maximum you can expect.

Well, I'm running a lapped J-batch 5960X at 4.6Ghz, so it does run hot and it's only cooled by a Supremacy MX, so I was definitely angling for a Cuplex Cryos (with Vision) of some kind. Maybe the PVD one.

I was just worried about diminishing returns - I'd heard only 2ºC was to be expected with the Vario, but if I could shave 7ºC then the extra fancy Vario might be worth it...

wpuser

Mittwoch, 20. Mai 2020, 20:48

There is a review in German available.

Cuplex Kryos Next im Test: Vario für Enthusiasten, Vision für Schausteller

They say, they only got 0.1 K better temperatures.

Donnerstag, 21. Mai 2020, 14:30

There is a review in German available.

Cuplex Kryos Next im Test: Vario für Enthusiasten, Vision für Schausteller

They say, they only got 0.1 K better temperatures.

Hmm... that's a worryingly small difference in performace, compared to what the few other sources I've seen suggest... So far it sounds like a complete lottery.

Any particular reason they measure it in Kelvin instead of Celsius?