• 16.04.2024, 08:58
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Advice for Level Sensor?

Mittwoch, 27. Mai 2020, 11:50

For a recently finished rig with a Koolance bay reservoir (this one ), I would like to have level sensors in the top filler ports. Did not spend too much time with searching, but lack of results coming up was somewhat discouraging.
If anyone has a suggestion for a small-size top-mounted level sensor with a G1/4 thread, that would be much appreciated. Thx!

Mittwoch, 27. Mai 2020, 16:42

you will have no luck with any sensor of AC, because you have no port placed significant below water level in the normal pressurised reservoir.
You also can't go with the Koolance water level sensors which work with a reed contact, because of their length.
You could maybe fit the infrared sensor, but you will miss any way to use and display the signal with any AC product aka Aqauero and so on.

So no luck there.
Desktop: Ryzen 9 5950X | Crosshair VIII Impact | Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC | 32 GB 3800 MT/s B-die | Phanteks Evolv ITX
Notebook: Thinkpad X1 Carbon 6th Gen (i5-8250U)
Smartphone: Google Pixel 5

Mittwoch, 27. Mai 2020, 16:57

thanks for the idea (re. infrared) :thumbup: - I believe with some basic circuitry added it can be made to work on Aquaero temp sensor input. The challenge will be to find one which fits in the reservoire 'correctly' (i.e. that it triggers an alert before pump goes 'feet dry', so to speak).

Mittwoch, 27. Mai 2020, 17:11

in the sceanrio where the waterlevel will be low enough that the pump will run with a lot of air bubbles, you have two main actions which will appear:
  1. The flow will decrease dramatically
  2. The pressure right behind the second pump will decrease dramatically

Both actions you can measure and control with Sensors AC will offer you.

Also you will have an audible difference caused by the air. But even you missed that, your pump will not run completely dry*, so no worries there until the alarm action of an aquaero kicks in.

*Don't qoute me on that. You should not run the pump in this state for a longer time than necessary to shut down the computer. Without draining the pump by dismantle, you will have enough water for emergency lubrication**
**Don't qoute me on that either :thumbup:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »jamesblond23« (27. Mai 2020, 17:16)

Desktop: Ryzen 9 5950X | Crosshair VIII Impact | Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC | 32 GB 3800 MT/s B-die | Phanteks Evolv ITX
Notebook: Thinkpad X1 Carbon 6th Gen (i5-8250U)
Smartphone: Google Pixel 5

Donnerstag, 28. Mai 2020, 12:08

Thanks for a valuable input again!
I do have flow meters in the plumbing, so indeed flow rate decrease should do as well. Will set an alarm when it drops to say 80% of the nominal (average) value, and call it 'good enough' 8)

Visual clues such as bubles, or 'cavitaton' noise they create in the specific case cannot be relied upon - reservoire itself as well as the pipes are out of line of sight and the typical use case involves rather high dBA-s coming out of speakers.