• 16.04.2024, 23:00
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

octo/quadro controllers (question/suggestion)

Montag, 1. Juni 2020, 06:25

I had a aquaero 6 and wanted more fan control outputs so I bought a octo and connected it with aquabus. I was sort of surprised to find out that the octo's controllers get ignored once its slaved to an Aquaero. So I have 12 fan headers and only 4 curves!. I can use set-point controllers to work around, but its less than ideal.

The octo's controllers would apparently work if I removed the aquabus connection... but the octo doesn't have any virtual sensors (which are the best thing since sliced bread) making that a no-go.

Am I getting something wrong or is that how its designed?

As a suggestion I'd like to see each fan on an octo/quadro get an setting for "internal control vs aquabus control".

:thumbsup: Mike

Montag, 1. Juni 2020, 10:05

Did you look at your Aquaero fan controller page? There You should have 4+8 controller.
You maybe have to search for Aquabus devices (@aquaero) and disconnect the USB connection (@octo). If last is missing, you will also miss the RGBpx capability.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »jamesblond23« (1. Juni 2020, 10:06)

Desktop: Ryzen 9 5950X | Crosshair VIII Impact | Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC | 32 GB 3800 MT/s B-die | Phanteks Evolv ITX
Notebook: Thinkpad X1 Carbon 6th Gen (i5-8250U)
Smartphone: Google Pixel 5

RE: octo/quadro controllers (question/suggestion)

Dienstag, 2. Juni 2020, 02:44

I had a aquaero 6 and wanted more fan control outputs so I bought a octo and connected it with aquabus. I was sort of surprised to find out that the octo's controllers get ignored once its slaved to an Aquaero. So I have 12 fan headers and only 4 curves!. I can use set-point controllers to work around, but its less than ideal.

The octo's controllers would apparently work if I removed the aquabus connection... but the octo doesn't have any virtual sensors (which are the best thing since sliced bread) making that a no-go.

Am I getting something wrong or is that how its designed?

As a suggestion I'd like to see each fan on an octo/quadro get an setting for "internal control vs aquabus control".

:thumbsup: Mike

Correct, with aquabus you transfer the ports to the aquaero, and the aquaero has only 4 curve controllers.
BUT, you have soft.sensors on the octo, and virtual_software_sensors in the Playground of the aquasuite.
So use the USB connection only and you should be able to do everything you need.

virtual_soft_sensor.jpg

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (2. Juni 2020, 02:46)

Mittwoch, 3. Juni 2020, 03:41

Thanks, looks like USB only will be the way to go. When I first powered on the octo, I noticed it had 16 software sensors and no virtual sensors... makes perfect sense now.

I hadn't played with the virtual software sensor yet. It looks like a pretty powerful system and I was able to duplicate the aquaero's virtual sensors easy enough. It amazes me how intuitive this software is compared to alot of its peers.

Mike