• 16.04.2024, 12:37
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

octo/quadro controllers (question/suggestion)

Montag, 1. Juni 2020, 06:25

I had a aquaero 6 and wanted more fan control outputs so I bought a octo and connected it with aquabus. I was sort of surprised to find out that the octo's controllers get ignored once its slaved to an Aquaero. So I have 12 fan headers and only 4 curves!. I can use set-point controllers to work around, but its less than ideal.

The octo's controllers would apparently work if I removed the aquabus connection... but the octo doesn't have any virtual sensors (which are the best thing since sliced bread) making that a no-go.

Am I getting something wrong or is that how its designed?

As a suggestion I'd like to see each fan on an octo/quadro get an setting for "internal control vs aquabus control".

:thumbsup: Mike

Montag, 1. Juni 2020, 10:05

Did you look at your Aquaero fan controller page? There You should have 4+8 controller.
You maybe have to search for Aquabus devices (@aquaero) and disconnect the USB connection (@octo). If last is missing, you will also miss the RGBpx capability.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »jamesblond23« (1. Juni 2020, 10:06)

Desktop: Ryzen 9 5950X | Crosshair VIII Impact | Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC | 32 GB 3800 MT/s B-die | Phanteks Evolv ITX
Notebook: Thinkpad X1 Carbon 6th Gen (i5-8250U)
Smartphone: Google Pixel 5

RE: octo/quadro controllers (question/suggestion)

Dienstag, 2. Juni 2020, 02:44

I had a aquaero 6 and wanted more fan control outputs so I bought a octo and connected it with aquabus. I was sort of surprised to find out that the octo's controllers get ignored once its slaved to an Aquaero. So I have 12 fan headers and only 4 curves!. I can use set-point controllers to work around, but its less than ideal.

The octo's controllers would apparently work if I removed the aquabus connection... but the octo doesn't have any virtual sensors (which are the best thing since sliced bread) making that a no-go.

Am I getting something wrong or is that how its designed?

As a suggestion I'd like to see each fan on an octo/quadro get an setting for "internal control vs aquabus control".

:thumbsup: Mike

Correct, with aquabus you transfer the ports to the aquaero, and the aquaero has only 4 curve controllers.
BUT, you have soft.sensors on the octo, and virtual_software_sensors in the Playground of the aquasuite.
So use the USB connection only and you should be able to do everything you need.

virtual_soft_sensor.jpg

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (2. Juni 2020, 02:46)

Mittwoch, 3. Juni 2020, 03:41

Thanks, looks like USB only will be the way to go. When I first powered on the octo, I noticed it had 16 software sensors and no virtual sensors... makes perfect sense now.

I hadn't played with the virtual software sensor yet. It looks like a pretty powerful system and I was able to duplicate the aquaero's virtual sensors easy enough. It amazes me how intuitive this software is compared to alot of its peers.

Mike