• 19.04.2024, 21:49
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Chaining RGBpx strips to a Splitty4

Sonntag, 7. Juni 2020, 03:11

Hello,

A couple of month ago i bought an OCTO and 2 RGBpx strips kit (2x 60 leds). I used one RGBpx socket on the OCTO to connect 6 strips, that is 90 leds, and the other one to connect the remaining 2 strips, that is 30 leds.
Recently, my D-RGB EKWB stuff arrived and i realised that i need a way to control them. using a D-RGB splitter i can connect them directly to the mother board but the MSI software (Mystic light) is very limited. Furthermore is OS dependent so on Linux it doesn't works.

Suddenly i remembered that i have 2 Splitty4 and because D-RGB are 3 pin @ 5V leds i tried connecting them to the Splitty (Asus port) using the OCTO socket as a power to the Splitty IN port. That worked fine and leds were independently addressable.
After that i tried chaining the 2 RGBpx strips that were attached to the OCTO socket, to the OUT socket on the SPLITTY. Unfortunately, this doesn't worked... the two strips don't power on.
Did I connected the peripherals wrongly?

TLDR: i have an OCTO with 1 free RGBpx line + 1 SPLITTY4 and i want to connect 2 RGBpx strips (30 leds) + 2x pump + CPU waterblock + GPU waterblock leds. what can i do without buying other components?

Thanks

RE: Chaining RGBpx strips to a Splitty4

Sonntag, 7. Juni 2020, 12:53

Snip

After that i tried chaining the 2 RGBpx strips that were attached to the OCTO socket, to the OUT socket on the SPLITTY. Unfortunately, this doesn't worked... the two strips don't power on.

Snip

THIS THREAD may help.

RE: RE: Chaining RGBpx strips to a Splitty4

Mittwoch, 10. Juni 2020, 22:16

Snip

Snip

THIS THREAD may help.
Thanks. On the manual it's not clear... they speak about this only on the Corsair connector section. On my use case, i was using the Asus port so i skipped that section.

I connected the pin 2 to the pin 4 on all the Corsair port and the chained rgbpx strips powered on :D