• Aquaero 6 LT
  • Real-Time Clock adapter
  • Aquabus x4
  • Aquastream Ultimate
  • 4 Poweradjust 3 USB
  • 2 Farbwerk USB Aquabus
  • Hubby7 Internal USB 2.0
  • SPLITTY9 splitter Fan/Aquabus

I am putting the Aquabus x4 on the Aquaero XT. I had intented to put the Real-Time clock on the Aquaero LT.

However goiung over the Aquaero manual again it looks like the LT, when used as a slave has the Aquabus High disabled, along with the RGB, PWN, RELAY, RPM, 1 flow, and 4 temperature sensors. In other words, it looks like it now behaves like a QUADRO.

Is this truly the case or does it provide any further funtionality? Should I drop the LT and connect the clock to the SPlTTY9 Aquabus?

caronen

RE : Aquaero 6 LT as slave vs. QUADRO

Donnerstag, 18. Juni 2020, 21:34

I am concerned that I just wasted a bunch of money. I have the following items:
  • Aquaero 6 XT
  • Aquaero 6 LT
  • Real-Time Clock adapter
  • Aquabus x4
  • Aquastream Ultimate
  • 4 Poweradjust 3 USB
  • 2 Farbwerk USB Aquabus
  • Hubby7 Internal USB 2.0
  • SPLITTY9 splitter Fan/Aquabus

I am putting the Aquabus x4 on the Aquaero XT. I had intented to put the Real-Time clock on the Aquaero LT.

However goiung over the Aquaero manual again it looks like the LT, when used as a slave has the Aquabus High disabled, along with the RGB, PWN, RELAY, RPM, 1 flow, and 4 temperature sensors. In other words, it looks like it now behaves like a QUADRO.

Is this truly the case or does it provide any further funtionality? Should I drop the LT and connect the clock to the SPlTTY9 Aquabus?

Whether You wasted money (and how much) depends on Your intended setup, it is not clear from your list only.

You can put Aquabus X4 on a Aquaero XT and still connect the Real-Time clock module to it but You will need a cable for that as the available place would already be taken by the Aquabus X4.

As for the rest, yes Aquaero 5/6 in aquabus mode is almost the same thing as a QUADRO, however Aquaero's outputs are both voltage/PWM while QUADRO's are PWM only. Moreover, given Aquaero 6 output current capability, it may be an alternative to four Poweradjust modules.

You have to bear in mind though that flashing Aquaero 5/6 with slave firmware was introduced long before QUADRO/OCTO were avaliable.
Since QUADRO was released there is no point of doing this if your fans are PWM, but the option has to exist anyway for compatibility reasons as there are users with Aquaero 5/6 in slave mode (myself included).

You can still run both Aquaeros independently (via USB connectors) but they won't be able to communicate if the background service is not running (this is only possible under Windows) so it may or may not be acceptable. This subject (Aquabus or not Aquabus) has been extensively covered in the forum, each option has its own advantages and disadvantages.