• 20.04.2024, 00:09
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

CoAff

Alternatives to official "water"?

Dienstag, 16. Juni 2020, 22:17

Hello all,

I need to find a reasonable alternative to Dr. Voigt's Double Protection Ultra(clear). Living in Canada just makes the importation of a 5L jug impossible to justify with current shipping charges. I attempted to order 2x5L quantities through aquatuning . us and balked at the shipping charge of over 115$ plus cost of product , plus customs charge.... It's too much.

I now need to find or make a reasonable alternative which I can use in my aquaduct ...the tall one, six fans. Sorry I'm tired right now with much RL happening so the specific ...lol, search lol aquaduct 720 XT mark V.

What can I use which I can obtain locally without prohibitive shipping charges. Are some or any of the North American brands suitable?

My processor package went up to 68C today on a task...much too high for my taste.

Please and thanks.

Mittwoch, 17. Juni 2020, 00:02

ModMyMods has the 5L clear for US $27.00 each.
I don't know where you are in Canada, but shipping to Vancouver, BC for 2 jugs is $69.16.

Where the DP Ultra may be interesting going forward, is a hint from Stephan about something for 'quality control of your coolant' being released in a few weeks.
I assume it will be an inline fitting with a couple of probes to check conductivity, and will probably be optimized for DP Ultra.

Mittwoch, 17. Juni 2020, 00:17

why cant you just go to your local grocery store and get a gallon of distilled water?

CoAff

Mittwoch, 17. Juni 2020, 00:35

why cant you just go to your local grocery store and get a gallon of distilled water?

Yes, and?

Mittwoch, 17. Juni 2020, 00:42

just offering you an alternative

Yes, and?

CoAff

Mittwoch, 17. Juni 2020, 00:44

ModMyMods has the 5L clear for US $27.00 each.
I don't know where you are in Canada, but shipping to Vancouver, BC for 2 jugs is $69.16.

Where the DP Ultra may be interesting going forward, is a hint from Stephan about something for 'quality control of your coolant' being released in a few weeks.
I assume it will be an inline fitting with a couple of probes to check conductivity, and will probably be optimized for DP Ultra.

Interesting. Thanks InfoSeeker. I placed an order with them. I'm in eastern Ontario....practically the same shipping.

wpuser

Freitag, 19. Juni 2020, 01:42

The German FAQ states that you can also use coolant G11 or G12 according to Volkswagen standard TL-VW-774D. You have to use 20 % of these coolants and 80 % of water.

However, the virtual flow meter in D5 NEXT pump does only work with Double Protect Ultra. (Source)

phuzz

Montag, 22. Juni 2020, 17:55

I've always run distilled water with a few drops of algae killer in all my rigs and never had any issues.
Now I think about it my res is aluminium and everything else is copper which is supposed to be a problem, but I've never seen any evidence of it in my setup.