• 16.04.2024, 19:32
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

octo aquabus cable

Samstag, 20. Juni 2020, 20:24

can anyone tell me why the Octo doesnt come with a aquabus cable,,most every user connects the octo to aquasuite software but it cant be done without this cable;from what i see this cable is out of stock[of course] unless someone knows where one is
i can still use the Octo via usb but just wont show in aquasuite,,,is this correct?
as usual any help is most appreciated.

i went ahead and connected the Octo with usb minus aquabus connection and i thought it could be used via usb,,,,can it as i dont see it anywhere
help plz

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »stingray« (20. Juni 2020, 22:20)

Sonntag, 21. Juni 2020, 00:20

Actually, you are seriously handicapping the octo if you add the aquabus connection. With an aquabus connection to an aquaero, you slave the 8 fan ports to the aquero, but you lose the 8 controllers you would have on the octo.

The device should absolutely show up with it's own tab in the aquasuite. If you do not see it, perhaps to check your usb cable/connections. And check to see if it shows in the devices page of your OS.

It looks like the sample attached, except it would say OCTO instead of QUADRO. sample.jpg

Sonntag, 21. Juni 2020, 00:25

no that doesnt show up in aquasuite
i made sure to properly connect the usb cable
when connected it showed octo devices being installed
i dont see the octo in aquasuite devices tab
i am running win 7 any other ideas?
thx

Sonntag, 21. Juni 2020, 00:55

actually neither of my farbwerks would show in aquasuite till i connected the aquabus cord

wpuser

Sonntag, 21. Juni 2020, 01:35

i am running win 7 any other ideas?

Yes, upgrade your OS

Zitat

System requirements
- Windows 8.1 or newer

OCTO fan controller for PWM fans

Sonntag, 21. Juni 2020, 01:40

i can get A aquabus cable instead cant i?

wpuser

Sonntag, 21. Juni 2020, 01:43

A aquabus cable will not make the OCTO appear in the aquasuite.

Sonntag, 21. Juni 2020, 02:01

you guys arent giving me any answers i want :thumbsup:

guess its time to switch to win10 in this build,got 7k in it another 100 bucks wont matter
i have 4 usb ports on the m/b with 5 devices so ill still have to aquabus one right?
appreciate everything guys

Sonntag, 21. Juni 2020, 03:16

Depends on which 5 devices. If one is an MPS type sensor then yes, placing it on an aquabus connection would be a good match.

But if you need more USB ports, you can always use one of THESE, particularly for aquacomputer devices which do not have heavy currentt draws.

Also, if you have four USB 2.0 ports on your motherboard. the aquacomputer devices use a single 5 pin connector, so two devices could go onto a single 9 pin motherboard USB 2.0 header.

Sonntag, 21. Juni 2020, 05:32

Depends on which 5 devices. If one is an MPS type sensor then yes, placing it on an aquabus connection would be a good match.

But if you need more USB ports, you can always use one of THESE, particularly for aquacomputer devices which do not have heavy currentt draws.

Also, if you have four USB 2.0 ports on your motherboard. the aquacomputer devices use a single 5 pin connector, so two devices could go onto a single 9 pin motherboard USB 2.0 header.
ive wondered about the 2 layers of pins on a usb port,,so since i have 4 ports i actually have 8,,is this correct?
maybe i need to hire you to come my way :thumbup:

Sonntag, 21. Juni 2020, 05:35

ive wondered about the 2 layers of pins on a usb port,,so since i have 4 ports i actually have 8,,is this correct?
maybe i need to hire you to come my way :thumbup:
on my other builds ive always have had to use aqubus connection to get it to show in aquasuite so is the octo different and works by only usb?

phuzz

Montag, 22. Juni 2020, 18:04

guess its time to switch to win10 in this build,got 7k in it another 100 bucks wont matter

Microsoft don't advertise it, but if you run the Win 10 upgrade (which you can download from Microsoft), then there's a good chance it will upgrade and be validated for free (basically they never cancelled the free upgrade program). If it doesn't, well, then you'll have to pay.
Once you've done the upgrade and it's validated, you could then do a clean install if you wanted to.